22 Z71 Base Price Increase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eclipse1825

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered my 22 Tahoe back in mid April and when looking at the configurator today the base price went from $61,500 to $63,000. I am assuming since it has not been accepted by GM I am stuck with the base increase?

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Until it is built and priced on that day your final MSRP is not guaranteed. There is no price protection against any increases, including a $100. bump in freight.

JeffTahoe

Reaction score
GM authority has a post that states GM put out a bulletin that says prices are guaranteed on customer sold orders.

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as the order is marked as retail sold when the dealer placed it (and GM accepted it), MSRP on the window sticker will match.

Matz

Reaction score
That's good to hear of sold orders. Between my order date of 1-31-22 and today my Tahoe is $2025 more.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as the order is marked as retail sold when the dealer placed it (and GM accepted it), MSRP on the window sticker will match.

accepted...as in accepted at 1100 or accepted for production?

ours was marked as retail sold and there was almost a $600+ difference between the workbench and sticker

msrp.jpg

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
accepted for production, as I understand it. Which means the dealer has to have allocation for the truck, allocation for the trim level, and allocation for the options picked that may be on constraint.

Example, I placed my order for a Denali with LM2, Pano, Steps, Max Tow. The dealer didn't have allocation for the constrained LM2. A few weeks later they called and said they have allocation for my truck with the LM2, but max tow was constrained, and if I removed it, I would get picked up with a TPW of 4/11. So I removed max tow, put my deposit down and the next day had an order number with a TPW of 4/11.

So I believe the pricing is locked when it is accepted by GM, not by the dealer.

Some other dealers aren't as forthcoming with explaining constraints, ordering process, etc. etc.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if that's the case, doubt most dealers send the updated workbench order (with a different MSRP) when accepted for production and most buyers don't care about it anymore because it's been accepted...

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made sure to get the workbench order paperwork when I went in to sign the deposit. I wasn't about to put any money down until they could guarantee the allocation and build date. They sat down with me and showed me the constraint lists at initial spec and again when the order was put in. Not all dealers will work with their customers like this, though.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made sure to get the workbench order paperwork when I went in to sign the deposit. I wasn't about to put any money down until they could guarantee the allocation and build date. They sat down with me and showed me the constraint lists at initial spec and again when the order was put in. Not all dealers will work with their customers like this, though.

and more importantly, most buyers don't know to ask those types of questions...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645