22" to 18" wheels.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at a set of new 18" wheels to run during the winter.
Is there an aftermarket product that will adjust and correct the speedo to 18" revolutions?

Will a dealer do this?
Thanks..

sbubbaklein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look up your original tire and size on any of the tire retailer web sites. It will list the revs per mile then compare it to what ever tire you are considering. Try to pick a tire that is close in revs per mile and you will have no speedo concerns. If you have a particular wheel compare the wheel specs, width and set back and try to again pick a similar set back to what you had. If you pick an oem wheel and tire set it is usually close in size, for instance some std 2015 Silverado wheels, Yukon wheels etc. You are on your own when it comes to clearance for your brake caliper, particularly with aftermarket since no specs are published, again oem GM truck wheels are your best bet.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my experience with these vehicles (GMT 900s) the biggest hurdle is finding a set of after market wheels with the correct offset. I seem to remember the last version requiring a negative offset and there was very little wiggle room for greater offset. I had to swap wheels a couple of times before I found a set that wouldn't rub on the wheel liners.

I think that my Bully Dog tuner has the ability to adjust the spedo on the GMT 900s. You might want to look into that and see if they can do that on the 2015+ models.

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at a set of new 18" wheels to run during the winter.
Is there an aftermarket product that will adjust and correct the speedo to 18" revolutions?

Will a dealer do this?
Thanks..

As long as you maintain your overall rolling radius (wheel/tire mounted overall measurement), from 22" to 18", you won't need to adjust anything.

OP
OP
George C

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my experience with these vehicles (GMT 900s) the biggest hurdle is finding a set of after market wheels with the correct offset. I seem to remember the last version requiring a negative offset and there was very little wiggle room for greater offset. I had to swap wheels a couple of times before I found a set that wouldn't rub on the wheel liners.

I think that my Bully Dog tuner has the ability to adjust the spedo on the GMT 900s. You might want to look into that and see if they can do that on the 2015+ models.

I'm looking at GMC OEM sets from eBay.
There are plenty to choose from.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're good to go then. Sorry if I missed that in your OP

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just find the same size diameter tire by plugging in the tires measurements into a tire size calc online. Then you will have no concerns...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700