22 Tahoe transmission concern

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhoneycutt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have been noticing a good bit here lately that my transmission feels like it isn't catching while shifting gears. I go up a pretty good size hill pulling out of work and as it shifts gears it feels like it's not going into gear right away, almost like a hesitation. I've also noticed the first few shifts while driving through town it does the same thing if I'm light on the gas. Thinking possible Torque converter? Anyone else having an issue? 2022 Tahoe just shy of 7k miles. Going to take into the dealer next week and have them check it out!

ams0620

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got my 22 Tahoe High Country late July - same issue. I'm at 590 miles. Some have said it has to "learn" but that is bull. My 20 year old Suburban is twice the vehicle this one is. I'd like to take it to the dealer but they say their transmission department is backed up 4 to 6 weeks (that should tell me something!). I'm considering just selling it as I can get my money back plus some, perhaps. This may be my last new vehicle purchase from a dealer. It is such a shame what has happened to the auto industry.

jasonc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have been noticing a good bit here lately that my transmission feels like it isn't catching while shifting gears. I go up a pretty good size hill pulling out of work and as it shifts gears it feels like it's not going into gear right away, almost like a hesitation. I've also noticed the first few shifts while driving through town it does the same thing if I'm light on the gas. Thinking possible Torque converter? Anyone else having an issue? 2022 Tahoe just shy of 7k miles. Going to take into the dealer next week and have them check it out!
81,000 miles on my 21' no issues tranny wise had fluid changed at 70,000. All highway driving.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my 22 Tahoe High Country late July - same issue. I'm at 590 miles. Some have said it has to "learn" but that is bull. My 20 year old Suburban is twice the vehicle this one is. I'd like to take it to the dealer but they say their transmission department is backed up 4 to 6 weeks (that should tell me something!). I'm considering just selling it as I can get my money back plus some, perhaps. This may be my last new vehicle purchase from a dealer. It is such a shame what has happened to the auto industry.
Id just sell it. Sounds like your not happy with the purchase and have buyers remorse. Especially if your blaming the car for a local dealership being backed up.

Wash your hands clean and stick to the olden stuff. Keep yourself happy.

I was a GM transmission tech for years. Most problems were user error. The problems that were not were easy enough to fix. I could crank them out but with removal teardown and rebuild along with waiting for parts it could take a few days to get them out.

Couple today's supply side issues of course there will be delays. Modern transmissions do learn. When the 6l80 came out people that were used to the 4l80 would complain all the damn time. Similar story to yours.

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal