22" Replica Inserts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slimchachi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm sure this has come up a few times, did a search and couldn't find what i was looking for. I purchased a set of 22" Replica Wheels from OE Wheels. Specifically the CK190s. These are black with chrome inserts, most places would have swapped them for me, but this vendor would not, though they came in lower OTD for everything by about $400 so i couldn't pass up the deal. Anyhow, was wondering if anything knew if these inserts are painted or wrapped? I tried to get the chrome off with way I've done with other stuff, oven clean, but no dice. I'd much rather buy a set of gloss black than paint or wrap these.

If anyone knows where I can pick up a set of gloss black inserts I'd like to grab a set.

image1.JPG

BeavOR

Reaction score
Yikes! I've got the OE replica's as well. Hopefully this didn't happen to mine.

OP
OP
S

slimchachi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yikes! I've got the OE replica's as well. Hopefully this didn't happen to mine.

It's actually just water marks. Was cleaning them up after I tried to strip them, which didn't work at all. I'm wondering if I should scuff and paint, wrap them or just see if I can buy them in black from a vendor. I've had no luck finding the inserts alone.

Timers

Supporting Member
Reaction score
necropost but wanted to add some relevant info;

I have 2015/16 LTZ wheels: 22905550

I wanted to see if I could buy some black inserts to swap out for my chrome inserts; however they only have chrome insert replacements for my model wheels.

The chrome insert for LTZ wheels: 23106878
The bolts you need 3 of per insert: 11612198

the inserts are ~$60 each and you need 20
the bolts are $3 each and you need 3 per insert/60 total

= ~$1200-$1380 for additional inserts

(my) conclusion: just buy different wheels or remove existing inserts and have a shop vinyl wrap them.

w5696h_2.jpg 73b65f01c5a258bb42e82858513f1846.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons