21' vs 22' Differences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

inane222

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been debating for a few weeks now on coming out of an 16' Yukon Denali XL and into a Tahoe. I've been monitoring this forum pretty closely for info on the new models. Crazy time to be in the market and it seems like things change everyday. Focused on the RST trim level, 21's are getting harder to find while there are plenty of 22's in some state of production / storage. Trying to figure out the noticeable differences in the two model years.

I've noticed obviously still no steering column lock on both years. Lost heated steering wheel and unfortunately picked up auto start / stop again on the 22's. Looks like there is a camera view button on the 22's near the park brake switch where it was perhaps a hill descent button on the 21's.

Seems to be some big changes with the RSE between the years. I've had an 07' and 11' XL, both had DVD and one fold down screen. Our 16' has DVD and two fold down screens which is very nice. I hate to admit, but until a few weeks ago, I assumed the RSE included a DVD player. That will take some getting used to. I see the 6.2 is now available on the RST for 22'.

The RSE change may be enough for me to try and hunt down a 21' that isn't spoken for. Are there any more changes that you guys are aware of?

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
22’s have a digital cluster now vs analog on the 21’s. The head unit now has google as the main operating system which is different than the 21’s and of course what you mentioned on the engine options and RES. Also I believe 22’s have front and rear parking assist as standard vs the 21’s do not.

OP
OP
I

inane222

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks SSGUNNER. Forgot all about the cluster, probably the first change you notice!

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the new digital display still have the speed limit sign option? I find this incredibly useful.

cgator67

Reaction score
The RSE in both the '21s and '22s don't have DVD players. Putting in a destination in the nav from the RSE seems to be a feature of 21s but not 22s. And there is currently no built in miracast option on the '22 models from what I understand. But setting up a Roku, Fire Stick, etc. is how I plan to use it so this makes no difference to me.

I'd recommend getting a '22 as the digital dash vs. the analog dash is a huge visual difference. Also, the infotainment system is also a little different and has Google Maps, Assistant, etc. built in on the '22s and is probably more updatable than the '21 system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KCW_Andrew