21' vs 22' Differences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itsmike2k

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The RSE from 21 to 22 is a Major step back, Literally the only touchscreen use is on/off or Hdmi1/2.. No Apps and No USB option. If a dongle is hooked up you have to have the remote to control, front seat has no control over the content on the rear screens.. My 2017 had more options with the RSE then the 22 :(... GM Should refund everyone that bought a 22 for the RSE!!!!

MountainYacht

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah it does but mine doesn't work. I can't figure out why. Just blank
From the manual:
Speed Sign : Shows sign information, which comes from a roadway database in the onboard navigation system, if equipped.
I have the '22 digital instrument cluster in my SLT. I am really liking the display's configuration options. Coming from a '10 Land Cruiser, it is a big change.

My Speed sign works, but isn't always available (sometimes blank). I did a 1k mile trip to NM from CO and it generally worked in bigger cities, but not on less traveled road. It didn't always work on I25, which is a major highway.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So basically, the '21s infotainment won't receive much support or updates in the future.
There is absolutely zero reason to believe this is true. As long as over the air updates can be furnished, there is no reason why the system won’t receive them as well …..being offered for one year does not mean outdated. Personally I think it’s better than the 22 new system, not to mention my RSE is much more usable…

Campingfamco

Reaction score
There is absolutely zero reason to believe this is true. As long as over the air updates can be furnished, there is no reason why the system won’t receive them as well …..being offered for one year does not mean outdated. Personally I think it’s better than the 22 new system, not to mention my RSE is much more usable…
I would agree if we were talking about something other than cars. Given infotainment systems for vehicles rarely if ever get updates, there is actually no data to support the thought they will provide updates. And when I talk updates, it’s not a stability update I’m talking about. I’m talking about a user function change. A complete overhaul of the system definitely has not been done before on any vehicles I’ve owned. I’ve owned a lot and a lot of different brands.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is not true. There will always be in the history of mankind someone who develops a hack for these units. Look at mopar, customtronix developed a software for the fca Uconnect system. Anything from speed lockouts, to mirroring device to adding separate video inputs. Where there is a will there is a way.

Granted for all the horror stories you hear about the broken RES in the 22’s, the RES on the 21’s is a better option. Oh and the digital cluster, meh can’t fully customize it so don’t care much for it. Bet there will also be a unit to replace that on a 21 ha!

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would agree if we were talking about something other than cars. Given infotainment systems for vehicles rarely if ever get updates, there is actually no data to support the thought they will provide updates. And when I talk updates, it’s not a stability update I’m talking about. I’m talking about a user function change. A complete overhaul of the system definitely has not been done before on any vehicles I’ve owned. I’ve owned a lot and a lot of different brands.
Well on my 2018 Jaguar we went from an infotainment system that blacked out 50% of the time, wouldn't understand voice inputs, and generally sucked at navigation to currently having wireless ACP and AA ( Not available at time of purchase...) along with new user-friendly apps, a phone app that you can send navigation and check vehicle status from and a system that works 1000% better and doesn't crash... All thru the slow but sure climb thru about 10 OTA upgrades in 3 years. All of this was thru incremental improvements via OTA to all users. So, I'm here to tell you it can and does happen. No cost to owners...

Whether GM will do this or not? Hard to say...But if enough users clamor for something, there is no functional reason it can't be OTA updated once or 10 times if warranted.

Also having a digital dash doesn't mean Woodeley Hoo to me if my back seat people can actively search for something on Nav and send it to me or watch any show they want off a Firestick or USB or mirror it of their iPad or phone. What would you rather have?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10

Latest posts