21+ Tahoe LED Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've searched and searched and there only seems to be a one post here or there.

Hopefully, we can consolidate the it all to one spot.

For those of you that have changed the bulbs in your 2021-2023 Tahoe's and Suburbans, do you have recommendations for bulbs?

1) From what I've gathered, the turn signal has no issues with resistance.

What's the best bulb you all have found?

2) From what I understand, the Reverse lights can use a LED along with a resistor.

What bulb is the brightest?

What type of resistor did you all use?

Any luck finding a bulb that works without a resistor?

3) What's the deal with the brake light? Anyone replace the bulb? Does it also need a resistor?

Hopefully we can keep all of it one place and it helps us all out.

OP
OP
Deuce16GMCs

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So no one on the forum has swapped the tail light bulbs for LEDs and know what bulbs and resistors to use?

n4gkj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
tail lamps are leds from factory, turn, brake, and reverse are incandescent from the factory

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is one of them:

There is another thread somewhere on a white Tahoe / Burb, I thought I "watched" it but apparently not.

The one thing I am disappointed with tahoeyukonforum is the lack of use of the "Tech Info" Sub Forum and no "DIY" Sub Forum. IMO this thread belongs there and not in "General Discussion". On other vehicle forums I've used everyone posts their DIY projects and How To's in "Tech Info" and "DIY" and a forum moderator has a pinned sticky threads with references and / or links to everyone's projects.
Examples:

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tail lamps are leds from factory, turn, brake, and reverse are incandescent from the factory
Sadly they are not on the ‘21 models even up to my Premiere trim. On the 21 Tahoe you have to get the High Country for them to be LED.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i stand corrected... that explains it, my tahoe is a highcountry.
They so kindly changed it on the ‘22 models and later where I think they’re standard now or at least standard on most models.

I’m not sure why they didn’t make LED standard this day in age on the ‘21 models since the headlights are LED. Even My ‘12 GMC Acadia has LED taillights standard and my wife’s ‘20 Traverse LT trim. :)

Tenscourts

Reaction score
I've reached out to a couple sources for a plug and play harness that would include applicable resistors. Still in early discussions but hopefully there will be something soon to make this an easier swap. I want to upgrade to LEDs but I'm not sticking resistors behind my tail lights and tapping wires.

OP
OP
Deuce16GMCs

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've reached out to a couple sources for a plug and play harness that would include applicable resistors. Still in early discussions but hopefully there will be something soon to make this an easier swap. I want to upgrade to LEDs but I'm not sticking resistors behind my tail lights and tapping wires.
This would be awesome. I'm really stunned it hasn't been done already.

The incandescent reverse light alone is incredibly dim.

I thought someone made the resistor pack for the reverse light?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons