21 Tahoe - Creaking Sound in Drivers Side Window Stripping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0Landon0

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This has been an issue since I purchased the car about this time last year.. It's right by my ear and annoys the hell out of me. It creaks (quietly) whenever I'm driving. To better indicate where it's coming from, if the door is open, it's coming from the vertical "bar" on the left side of the door that frames the window. The first oil change we I had, I told them about it. Picking it up, they said they "tightened it", which I suspect was a distraction. It's currently getting another oil change and they are saying they can't replicate it.

I just want to see if anyone else is having the issue and better explain to them what is happening.

Thanks!

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep! I had it and they finally fixed it. After going to another dealer with a highly rated technician, he said it was warped. Ordered new trim and replaced. No more issues.

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has this exact problem, plan to get it looked at soon.

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep! I had it and they finally fixed it. After going to another dealer with a highly rated technician, he said it was warped. Ordered new trim and replaced. No more issues.
Do you know exactly which trim piece was replaced? On the door itself or the seat belt column of the body?

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time and time again GM is caught installing out of spec parts on their most profitable platform. Then to top it off purchasers of these cash cows are left to find a dealership capable of fixing the problem that should have never left the factory and also willing to do so. This should be illegal but instead we give GM accolades for giving us the opportunity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2