21' Suburban HC - Electronics went bananas.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MrScrewzloose

Reaction score
ya your code list is showing the open code for telematics, you might try digging around the web for where the radio grounds are and fuses, might get lucky

New scan; we're down to half the fault codes, still have the telematics as you saw above.

B1B2F00‑00 Radio Audio/Video Communication Lost

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

scan4.JPG
scan5.JPG

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New scan; we're down to half the fault codes, still have the telematics as you saw above.

B1B2F00‑00 Radio Audio/Video Communication Lost

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

View attachment 414366
View attachment 414367
telematics is the only open code though, and still showing low voltage
i would use a meter and check the voltage at the battery and then check it again at the obd port, just to see if there is a drop somewhere in between
maybe also check it at the radio fuse, my guess is there is a poor connection somewhere it's kind of hard to kill a radio by just changing the battery.
I am not real familiar with the 21+ battery top terminal but if it is like the previous years there should be a fuseable link with multiple power wires attached maybe try cleaning those up and check each link for power in case one somehow popped.

OP
OP
M

MrScrewzloose

Reaction score
telematics is the only open code though, and still showing low voltage
i would use a meter and check the voltage at the battery and then check it again at the obd port, just to see if there is a drop somewhere in between
maybe also check it at the radio fuse, my guess is there is a poor connection somewhere it's kind of hard to kill a radio by just changing the battery.
I am not real familiar with the 21+ battery top terminal but if it is like the previous years there should be a fuseable link with multiple power wires attached maybe try cleaning those up and check each link for power in case one somehow popped.

Thanks.

Solid voltage at both the battery (new) and at the OBD port. Also checked each of the 3 leads coming off the positive battery terminal, both with engine off and on, to check the alternator. All solid readings. Though the lead contacts were clean, gave a additional clean none the less.

Though continuity across all fuses in each of the three fuse panels were good, I went ahead and replaced the 2x TCM fuses (engine and passenger side), just for the hell of it, no luck.

I cleared all of the historical codes. Drove for about 20min and now have a persistent CEL which is new. Remaining active trouble codes are:

Engine Control Module(ECM):
U220F00‑00 - Serial Data Gateway Module Lost Communication with Transmission Control Module

Telematics Control Module(TCICM):
U100800‑00 - Loss of Ethernet Link
B1B2F00‑00 - Radio Audio/Video Communication Lost

Something is up with the TCM module, or so it seems. I guess I'll just need to deal with it until I get the truck into service.

Thanks again

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Solid voltage at both the battery (new) and at the OBD port. Also checked each of the 3 leads coming off the positive battery terminal, both with engine off and on, to check the alternator. All solid readings. Though the lead contacts were clean, gave a additional clean none the less.

Though continuity across all fuses in each of the three fuse panels were good, I went ahead and replaced the 2x TCM fuses (engine and passenger side), just for the hell of it, no luck.

I cleared all of the historical codes. Drove for about 20min and now have a persistent CEL which is new. Remaining active trouble codes are:

Engine Control Module(ECM):
U220F00‑00 - Serial Data Gateway Module Lost Communication with Transmission Control Module

Telematics Control Module(TCICM):
U100800‑00 - Loss of Ethernet Link
B1B2F00‑00 - Radio Audio/Video Communication Lost

Something is up with the TCM module, or so it seems. I guess I'll just need to deal with it until I get the truck into service.

Thanks again
If you pulled the tcm fuse with the battery connected that might explain the tcm error
I would try disconnecting the battery again, but this time leave it disconnected for at least 10 minutes (go 20) to be sure
maybe while the battery is disconnected check the radio harness's in the drivers left rear compartment area where the jack storage is, see if anything came loose or is not correctly seated.
if still nothing, then maybe try hitting the google speech button if you have one on your steering wheel
if you can get into setting thru the cluster try:Settings > System > Restart in Safe Mode

OP
OP
M

MrScrewzloose

Reaction score
If you pulled the tcm fuse with the battery connected that might explain the tcm error
I would try disconnecting the battery again, but this time leave it disconnected for at least 10 minutes (go 20) to be sure
maybe while the battery is disconnected check the radio harness's in the drivers left rear compartment area where the jack storage is, see if anything came loose or is not correctly seated.
if still nothing, then maybe try hitting the google speech button if you have one on your steering wheel
if you can get into setting thru the cluster try:Settings > System > Restart in Safe Mode

Unfortunately, no success.

As for the safe mode; you can't get into that feature without having access to the UI. My infotainment system is dead, no power, no response.

Wiesem4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am going through the exact same issue with my 21 Tahoe Premier. Did you have any luck solving the problem?

OP
OP
M

MrScrewzloose

Reaction score
I am going through the exact same issue with my 21 Tahoe Premier. Did you have any luck solving the problem?

Diffidently time to update this thread.

The issues I was dealing with before, e.g. error codes, infotainment system no longer functional, etc. remained the same. It took almost 1 1/2 months to get into my local dealer, and then the truck sat at the dealer for another week before even being diagnosed but that's another story...

The entire problem was due to the failure of the Radio Control Module Part # 87836477, also called the radio receiver. According to the Chevy shop Foreman, this module controls numerous functions within the truck and when it fails will cause a series of communication failures.

Either way, receiver was replaced. I drove off lot and the infotainment system began rebooting, every few minutes. Sometime the reboot would occur every few minutes, sometimes it would go into a boot loop.

Here's a video I took >>

I turned around, right back to the dealer, and the foreman took a look and said radio control module, that was just replaced, would need to be replaced again. This occurred during the holidays so I had to wait another few weeks for the module to come in and get it replaced again. The system has been replaced and is functioning as normal. Crossing fingers.

I've never purchased an extended warranty except with this truck, I did so in case the lifter issue occurred. Thankfully I did as this would of cost $1143.90.

#87836477 Receiver = $752
Labor (2.3 hrs) = $391

According to my Service Advisor, he'd only been there for about 5 months and has already replaced 3x of these units. I hope this helps someone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660