2025 yukon debut and predictions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
The headlights and exhaust look terrible! Hopefully the LEDs have better output though.

BacDoc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I sure hope someone at GM is looking at this Forum and listening. That big ipad screen is one of the reasons that I did not go for the Ford or Lincoln. Not the only reason but definitely one of them. I just find the screen I have on our 2022 Denali more integrated, but that is just my opinion. Agreed that the dashboard styling of the 2024-25 Chevy Tahoe and the Traverse looks better, maybe not perfect but at least better than what I am seeing in the Yukon and the Acadia. Oh well, just need to shop around when the time comes.
I sure hope someone at GM is looking at this Forum and listening. That big ipad screen is one of the reasons that I did not go for the Ford or Lincoln. Not the only reason but definitely one of them. I just find the screen I have on our 2022 Denali more integrated, but that is just my opinion. Agreed that the dashboard styling of the 2024-25 Chevy Tahoe and the Traverse looks better, maybe not perfect but at least better than what I am seeing in the Yukon and the Acadia. Oh well, just need to shop around when the time comes.
I agree! Before I book my 2024 Tahoe I drove a lot of the big SUVs. The trend of a giant screen attached to the dashboard is not attractive to me and looks like a giant IPad was just hooked up. Clean integration with some knobs, dials and buttons are much better design wise and functional wise in my opinion. The 2025 GM screens look great!

bryan8252

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I agree! Before I book my 2024 Tahoe I drove a lot of the big SUVs. The trend of a giant screen attached to the dashboard is not attractive to me and looks like a giant IPad was just hooked up. Clean integration with some knobs, dials and buttons are much better design wise and functional wise in my opinion. The 2025 GM screens look great!

I swear that the designers are involved in one big circle jerk and its not a good thing. A couple examples: GMC came out with the blocky headlights with the LED frame (5 yrs ago) and then Ford "refreshes" their models with their take on that design. GMCs initial design was ugly in my opinion (it has since been refined, again IMHO, and I actually like their version now). Ford's take on it was and is horrendous and at this point is one reason I won't even consider buying a Ford. Now we are seeing manufacturers spell out the names of the vehicles on the tailgates... again, a design I hate. Ford has even taken to putting the name across the front edge of the hoods. W in the actual F???? Are car designs scripted out (like wrestling) for 5-10 years and each manufacturer has to do their take on the one or two big "changes" for that year? (SARCASM for those not sure) And the oversized screens is another one. Horrible idea. I don't mind a decent sized screen but it is getting ridiculous now. And removing buttons is not a good thing in my opinion.

I'm going to end this rant because I just thought back to how my grandfather must have felt when they stopped installing handles to roll down windows in cars. That's what I must sound like now....

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mind a decent sized screen but it is getting ridiculous now. And removing buttons is not a good thing in my opinion.

I'm going to end this rant because I just thought back to how my grandfather must have felt when they stopped installing handles to roll down windows in cars. That's what I must sound like now....

It may not fully affect GM, however Euro NCAP testing will penalize the overuse of touchscreens in safety ratings. I wonder if this will influence things here in the US.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chavez_212