2023 Yukon AT4 & 2023 Toyota Sequoia: Going TOW to TOW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wescott Design is a company that provides offroad and travel equipment for a lot of SUV's and trucks. They recently did an honest towing comparison test between a 2023 Yukon and a 2023 Sequoia. You'll be surprised with the results... Enjoy

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Toyota makes a great product no doubt and I would probably own one IF they had more space or if I didn't have a gang of kids, I have owned toyota's the past and I like them.
comparing these 2 vehicles alone with the tahoe being the smaller of the GM suv line and the sequoia being the larger of the line
the toyota has 86.x sq ft of available interior space, the Tahoe has 122.x sq ft
the Tahoe also weighs 1000-1500 lbs more
I am going to assume if you put battery assist and twin turbos on the Tahoe (like the toyota has) it would leave the toyota in the dust

OP
OP
ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool vid. wish they compared the 6.2
I think their objective was to try and be as fair as possible without any extras. But as it stands if given the choice to buy either vehicle, I'd still go with the Yukon every single time. Simply because it has more cargo capacity, and it doesn't have that cheap plastic look going for it. Even at the lowest trim level.... something that's plagued Toyota for decades. I mean if I'm going to pay upwards of $80k for a vehicle, I'd want it to look the part.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think their objective was to try and be as fair as possible without any extras. But as it stands if given the choice to buy either vehicle, I'd still go with the Yukon every single time. Simply because it has more cargo capacity, and it doesn't have that cheap plastic look going for it. Even at the lowest trim level.... something that's plagued Toyota for decades. I mean if I'm going to pay upwards of $80k for a vehicle, I'd want it to look the part.
If the Sequoia matched the Yukon cargo space, I'd go for it. Much more reliable and you can tune the turbo and get an extra 80hp out of it right away.

EvergreenZ71

Reaction score
Do they not publish hitch capacity anymore? I’ve never towed anything with nearly 1000 pounds on the tongue without a weight distributing hitch, even on the old 2500.

OP
OP
ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the Sequoia matched the Yukon cargo space, I'd go for it. Much more reliable and you can tune the turbo and get an extra 80hp out of it right away.
That's all fine & dandy, but you still can't escape Toyota's legendary track record of cheap plastic interiors... Sitting in the interior of the new Sequoia every day would be a constant reminder of how I'd regret not choosing the AT4 instead.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's all fine & dandy, but you still can't escape Toyota's legendary track record of cheap plastic interiors... Sitting in the interior of the new Sequoia every day would be a constant reminder of how I'd regret not choosing the AT4 instead.
I'm not too impressed with the Denali's materials as it is...

OP
OP
ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not too impressed with the Denali's materials as it is...
GM appears to be trying to regain the trust of car buyers again, by offering more premium designs and materials in their biggest sellers. Toyota seems to have a "this is what you get, deal with it" attitude.

My wife owns a Highlander Limited, and I have the Yukon AT4. And having driven the Highlander for 4 years now before getting my Yukon this year, I can confidently say that it definitely feels cheap inside. I can't speak for the new 2023 Sequioa, but for the price up there with the Yukon AT4, I would hope that it looks and feels better than their lower models.