2023 Tahoe HC with SC. Should buy it or wait?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a lot of money off being offered. I doubt that you'll get a deal on the GMC.
In short order you'll forget the extra things that are attracting you if you get the Tahoe.

HighCountry22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The front grill is growing on me… I was not a fan at first. Worst case is you have PPF applied in a color you want. Go for the HC it’s loaded and rides like a dream + all the pickup with a 6.2L

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would take the Tahoe. You could sell it in a year or so and still be above water. besides it is way to late in the model year to order a new model. We ordered our 2022 High Country Burb in October of 2021 and took delivery the last week in March 2022. The GMC would most likely not get built as a 2023 and would be a 2024.

OP
OP
Deuce16GMCs

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would take the Tahoe. You could sell it in a year or so and still be above water. besides it is way to late in the model year to order a new model. We ordered our 2022 High Country Burb in October of 2021 and took delivery the last week in March 2022. The GMC would most likely not get built as a 2023 and would be a 2024.
Took the Tahoe.

shekmark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a lot of money off being offered. I doubt that you'll get a deal on the GMC.
In short order you'll forget the extra things that are attracting you if you get the Tahoe.
I do love my Tahoe, and I paid 5K premium to get it 5 months ago. Killer deal you got. . It’s just not as fancy as as a Denali.

mplunk

Reaction score
I noticed that it wouldn't go over 85. Actually at one point I was going 88 trying to get back to the future and it kept flashing blue at me.
I was driving over 85 and tried to activate it and it gave me the error message "SuperCruise unavailable- speed to high" which was pretty funny with the dealership owner in the passenger seat

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not much to add. I have a 23 HC Suburban and a loaded 21 Yukon Denali. Love them both. If I were in your position I would take the Tahoe, have fun with it. You can always trade later. Having a 23 Tahoe HC as a trade will always be a good thing.

Chief7826

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Placed my order on my White 2023 Tahoe High Country with Super Cruise, Adaptive Cruise, Air Suspension, Black Wheels, Black Emblems, and pretty much every other option on December 1st. Order got picked up December 20th, and arrived at the Dealer Thursday the 9th.

Problem is, since placing the order, I've learned of all the things a Yukon Denali has over the Tahoe High Country.

1) Fog Lights
2) Laminated Side Windows
3) Integrated Infotainment Screen
4) "Real" wood trim vs Plastic Simulated
5) 4 extra speakers
6) Center Console Wood Trim covers
7) 100% All leather seats vs just the uppers layers in the Tahoe
8) 3 years of OnStar Premium with unlimited Wifi
9) Full LED tail light assembly.
10) rear eLocker vs the G80 mech one.

Told the dealer I wasn't interested and why and they totally understood.

They removed the dealer fee, took $3500 off the sticker, and added $2k to my trade. Honestly wasn't expecting that.

Even with the pricing incentives, I still don't know. I can have a Yukon ordered, and will take longer, 3-6 months they say. And the GMC dealer (completely different BTW) would offer about $2k off sticker, but my trade will also be worth about $2k less by then. Plus the Yukon dealer is 5 states away. I'd have to go pick it up or arrange transport. The Chevy dealer is here in my home town.

I have the Tahoe with me. Did a over night demo to take time to think about it. But I have to decide by 12pm tomorrow.

Should just take the Tahoe, which is indeed very nice and good deal from what I've seen folks paying especially for a car with Super Cruise or just wait for what I want.

Your advice is really appreciated.
If I were you, keep the Tahoe for a year. See how things settle down. FYI, the only way to have SuperCruise on the Yukon is to order the Denalie, which was $15K more than my 2021 SLT. And they could not get them even back in 12-2021. I do miss the adaptive cruise, but hey, we learned how to drive without it back in the day, sooo, keep what you have, a bird in the hand is worth about $80K in the order book!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972