2023 Stock Z71 with 285/60R20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out the falken wildpeak at4w! Ive had the at3w on my power wagon and the wifes denali and they are very smooth. The new at4w is basically the same with a more aggressive sidewall (hd 3 ply on some sizes).
Thanks @olyelr , they've been a consideration based on many good reviews, I’ve just had a hard time getting past the history. They were a budget tire made in Thailand, $100 less per tire than all of the competitors, Covid screws up importing, drives the price up and they’re the same tire but priced the same as the competition now. Don’t like the sidewalls either (guy at work has them). However, I haven’t looked closely at the at4w.

Tread pattern is so similar to the Toyo at iii’s I’m running now just can’t imagine they’d run smoother either. Started with 295 60 20 at iii’s, one roadforced at 60 lbs, got them to replace with SL 295 55 20’s and they’re way way better and roadforced out. But still feel that vibration on the highway I’ve felt with all the other AT‘s.

Because of the highway oriented tread the coopers will likely be my last try at a beefy looking LT. If they’re not highway smooth, I have to throw in the towel for a smaller, smoother, less appealing to the eye tread pattern. I just don’t want to do it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

IronWill42

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@IronWill42 I know this is an old post but wondering what you think of the at3 xlt’s with some miles? I’m most interested in highway feel between 65 mph - 75 mph if you’ve spent time there.

I’ve run a lot different somewhat aggressive AT’s. BFG’s, Nitto’s, Toyo’s, Goodyears, Coopers (Rugged Treks). All have had some degree of vibration on the highway and I’m really wanting a smooth tire. I’m on the highway all the time for my commute these days. Roadforce balanced all of them more times than I can count and just couldn’t quite get the “smooth as glass” I hear about all the time. These Coopers AT3 XLT’s have the most highway looking tread, still with a meaty look, and if they’re no better than the others I’m afraid I’m looking at Michelins and will be sad every time I look at them haha
I’m personally a big fan of these Coopers. I ran them on my F150 and got damn near 80,000 miles out of them with rotations every 5k. They’re smooth on the highway - but I’m not sure any all terrain will be as smooth as a Michelin highway tire. They definitely look way better than the Michelin and will still perform off road if you’re ever off the beaten path.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m personally a big fan of these Coopers. I ran them on my F150 and got damn near 80,000 miles out of them with rotations every 5k. They’re smooth on the highway - but I’m not sure any all terrain will be as smooth as a Michelin highway tire. They definitely look way better than the Michelin and will still perform off road if you’re ever off the beaten path.
Thanks @IronWill42 , I'm not looking for the floating on the clouds type ride, just trying to have a tread pattern that doesn't have the vibration/nibble at highway speeds. No issue if I can "feel" the road, just don't want anything extra out of the tires. Might have to give them a shot.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @olyelr , they've been a consideration based on many good reviews, I’ve just had a hard time getting past the history. They were a budget tire made in Thailand, $100 less per tire than all of the competitors, Covid screws up importing, drives the price up and they’re the same tire but priced the same as the competition now. Don’t like the sidewalls either (guy at work has them). However, I haven’t looked closely at the at4w.

Tread pattern is so similar to the Toyo at iii’s I’m running now just can’t imagine they’d run smoother either. Started with 295 60 20 at iii’s, one roadforced at 60 lbs, got them to replace with SL 295 55 20’s and they’re way way better and roadforced out. But still feel that vibration on the highway I’ve felt with all the other AT‘s.

Because of the highway oriented tread the coopers will likely be my last try at a beefy looking LT. If they’re not highway smooth, I have to throw in the towel for a smaller, smoother, less appealing to the eye tread pattern. I just don’t want to do it!
Mine had a made in the usa logo on the side of them.

djnice

Reaction score
@IronWill42 I know this is an old post but wondering what you think of the at3 xlt’s with some miles? I’m most interested in highway feel between 65 mph - 75 mph if you’ve spent time there.

I’ve run a lot different somewhat aggressive AT’s. BFG’s, Nitto’s, Toyo’s, Goodyears, Coopers (Rugged Treks). All have had some degree of vibration on the highway and I’m really wanting a smooth tire. I’m on the highway all the time for my commute these days. Roadforce balanced all of them more times than I can count and just couldn’t quite get the “smooth as glass” I hear about all the time. These Coopers AT3 XLT’s have the most highway looking tread, still with a meaty look, and if they’re no better than the others I’m afraid I’m looking at Michelins and will be sad every time I look at them haha
Out of all the other tires you have tried what did you like best?

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as bang for the buck, I'd say the Rugged Trek's were the best of the bunch. All of them have their strengths, KO2's were super quiet, Duratrac's were amazing in the rain and snow, but rugged trek's seemed the most well rounded for my use.

Ken Bike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you post a photo from the side showing the wheel/tire?
Also what wheel did you go with?
Rig looks great!

djnice

Reaction score
Stock suspension Z71 Suburban with 285/60R20 Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT.
These are one size wider than the stock tires.

I couldn’t find any information if they would fit without rubbing. I’m here to say they fit great - no rubbing anywhere.

(I also have the 4 take off tires & wheels in the back of this photo - weighing down the rear a little)
@IronWill42 can you tell me what wheels those are and do you know the offset?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts