2023 Rearview Mirror Access

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sooooo helpful. Thank you!

From what he says after removing the Caddy one, it sounds like the Yukon/Tahoe one is just "wedges" in around the lip [of the stuff that's mounted to the windshield]...? Do I have that correct?

Thanks again.
Yep - retention clips are molded into the cover on the smaller one and the larger one has 4X steel spring clips added to it for better retention. On the smaller one it will be most helpful to push the cover to one side and then pull down on that side you're pushing towards to release the tab. If you have the larger one, you'll want to pry it straight back from the glass.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a test-fit of my Blendmount to the mirror last night, and it didn’t go well. Is the mirror stem diameter on these ‘21+ trucks the larger of the two diameters mentioned in the instructions, and will only accept the BM without using the plastic “spacers” that come snapped onto it? With the spacers in, the top-screw threads were spread too far apart to get the screw in. (Or else I was doing something wrong.)

If you can’t use the spacers, then does the BM bite into the mirror stem and mar it? Or is the fit perfect and won’t mark up the stem if removed?

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt