2023 Escalade Key FOBs keep dying.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Naz 23 Esky

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Hoping someone can chime in and help.
We picked up our 2023 Escalade 1 month ago today. After 2 weeks Both key Fobs went dead and were not recognizable by the vehicle. Took to dealer and they ordered "new" Energizer batteries which were supposed to be OEM to replace the dead Panasonic pair. This is in both key fobs. After 1 week since replaced key fob number 1 already saying replace key fob battery in the vehicle. I'm at a loss. Dealer says they've never heard of it. I'm going to take it in but wanted to see if anyone experienced this issues with any of the full size platform.

Attachments

• 20221225_204753.jpg
    20221225_204753.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20221214_222247.jpg
    20221214_222247.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 10

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something must be going, I don't believe the dealer about OEM batteries. I have had the battery last a long long time in my 2016 Tahoe. I would just buy a Duracell CR2450 which I think is the replacment and try that, then call the dealer

OP
OP
Naz 23 Esky

Naz 23 Esky

Reaction score
Honestly I bought a battery but to have both remotes die at the same time to the point of locking me out of the car I think something else happening. I watched them open new packages of batteries which were the same one I bought and 1 week later it's showing replace battery. They suggested using a Faraday Box and keeping key away from car which I already do. 100% I know it's not me. I've only had the thing for 4 weeks. Will take it in anyways but sucks to think I might be the only one with this problem....

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've had to replace 1 key fob battery in the first 6 months, but not both. I thought it was odd too. We've intentionally kept our keys in the house as far away as possible from the Tahoe, and also use faraday bags from AMZ. I bought a new battery myself from the store, wasn't worth the effort going to the dealer at the time. But I'm interested in knowing what's going on with yours.

OP
OP
Naz 23 Esky

Naz 23 Esky

Reaction score
Something must be going, I don't believe the dealer about OEM batteries. I have had the battery last a long long time in my 2016 Tahoe. I would just buy a Duracell CR2450 which I think is the replacment and try that, then call the dealer
#Update Tried picking up a battery and replaced my main remote and that died In 7 days:(. Took to dealer and was told the "never seen before" line. They're nice about it but before they do any major diagnostic with the car they ordered 2 new remotes first to see if that would remedy it. Fingers crossed when the remotes show up they last long.

Reaction score
Hey somewhat random but the one similarity here is I’ve had my 2023 Yukon Denali for also exactly 1 month - and it’s completely dead. The whole truck.

Picked up Jan 9, totally dead in the water Feb 9th. I just posted about it .

Of all the errors coming up (besides the engine not starting) it did flash a “no key present” msg the last few times we tried to start in order to try and shift it from park to neutral so the tow truck could pull it on the flatbed. We were never able to get the truck out of park. Truck came with dollies for the rear wheels 6 hours later..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019