2023 Chevy Tahoe problems need help asap!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snake99_4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a brand new 2023 Tahoe with 2400 miles on it. Currently at dealership but not sure if they can reproduce issue. Here is what’s going on, I have found if you drive it, park it for about 15 minutes and get back in to drive again, the car comes up and says service engine and transmission, traction control unavailable and forward collision unavailable please service, check engine light comes on and it will flash if you drive it and get no power out of Tahoe, engine is running really rough feels like it’s going to blow up and I got the codes from OnStar code P0204 and P0300. If you shut off the vehicle after this happens and leave it for a couple of hours and go to drive it drives like brand new again, but if you shut off and leave for about 15 minutes and go to drive again same thing and same process to reset/fix. Has anyone seen anything like this? 2023 Chevy Tahoe LT, 5.3 with 4WD

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So that is an engine misfire and an Injector Circuit code...likely bad injector, bad wiring harness, bad connection...my vote would be bad injector or bad connection, given it seems to be thermally related (runs OK cold/cool). If it is throwing codes, dealer will figure it out. Thats what warranty is for.

Report back what they say, curious to know.

OP
OP
S

snake99_4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So that is an engine misfire and an Injector Circuit code...likely bad injector, bad wiring harness, bad connection...my vote would be bad injector or bad connection, given it seems to be thermally related (runs OK cold/cool). If it is throwing codes, dealer will figure it out. Thats what warranty is for.

So the thing is, I can drive it for a long time and not have a single problem, engine up to temp, etc, but if I shut it off and let sit for 15 minutes and get back in, then it starts misfiring and throwing those codes. Cut it off again and let sit for a few hours and run it, everything runs perfect but again cut off wait 15 minutes get back in and again misfiring again

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the thing is, I can drive it for a long time and not have a single problem, engine up to temp, etc, but if I shut it off and let sit for 15 minutes and get back in, then it starts misfiring and throwing those codes. Cut it off again and let sit for a few hours and run it, everything runs perfect but again cut off wait 15 minutes get back in and again misfiring again
Dealer will get it figured out...its a machine...stuff happens...its the stuff that happens after stuff happens that matters....

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

OP
OP
S

snake99_4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update to the problem. Bad fuel injector number 4 cylinder. Dealership said not to drive. Fuel injector under a extended back order with no ETA, could be weeks or months before get fuel injector not sure, but to anyone who has similar problem might be same issue I got

April20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep, I had same problem- dealer replaced injector #2. So far so good. They said they’ve replaced 3-4 others.

OP
OP
S

snake99_4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep, I had same problem- dealer replaced injector #2. So far so good. They said they’ve replaced 3-4 others.
So be careful, it took 3 weeks to get vehicle back and said they replaced the injectors on bank 2. Drove it this weekend and same problem again now it’s an injector on bank 1. Hopefully can do the same thing to that side too. Bringing in today. If they are going to replace one need to replace all cause they are all from same bad batch and GM needs to issue a recall

Linkster63

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a brand new 2023 Tahoe with 2400 miles on it. Currently at dealership but not sure if they can reproduce issue. Here is what’s going on, I have found if you drive it, park it for about 15 minutes and get back in to drive again, the car comes up and says service engine and transmission, traction control unavailable and forward collision unavailable please service, check engine light comes on and it will flash if you drive it and get no power out of Tahoe, engine is running really rough feels like it’s going to blow up and I got the codes from OnStar code P0204 and P0300. If you shut off the vehicle after this happens and leave it for a couple of hours and go to drive it drives like brand new again, but if you shut off and leave for about 15 minutes and go to drive again same thing and same process to reset/fix. Has anyone seen anything like this? 2023 Chevy Tahoe LT, 5.3 with 4WD
So I just took our 2023 Tahoe to the dealership same issue….bad injector!!

OP
OP
S

snake99_4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I just took our 2023 Tahoe to the dealership same issue….bad injector!!
Hope they get it back to you sooner than later. Took about 3 weeks to get mine back, those parts on extended back order and if you call around to see who has parts, some places that I called had the injectors but they weren’t selling cause so hard to get. GM should do a recall on these things and I am not sure why they aren’t doing it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore