2022's Heated steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard when dealers or GM is going to be installing the heated steering wheel into vehicles which were "promised" one to be installed later on?

I picked up my 2022 Z71 back in Feb, and the fall is coming quick. So just wondering at this point.

Thanks in advance!

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At pickup my dealer told me Q3 for seats and steering wheels, Q4 for parking sensors. Also told me those dates have changed twice. Lol

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
After they go thru the storage lots and start tearing apart all those units which they can't use for new sales anymore, will be the parts used for retrofits. So maybe by the end of 2024 with the way GM has been going lately

OP
OP
Eusibius2

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. I wonder if we can find a replacement on Rock Auto. Would hate to spend money on something that's already paid for though. I'll just hang tight for a while, I suppose.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After they go thru the storage lots and start tearing apart all those units which they can't use for new sales anymore, will be the parts used for retrofits. So maybe by the end of 2024 with the way GM has been going lately

I will GLADLY take one of those un-saleable units off of their hands, for the purpose of disposal, of course.

Just50

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone heard when dealers or GM is going to be installing the heated steering wheel into vehicles which were "promised" one to be installed later on?

I picked up my 2022 Z71 back in Feb, and the fall is coming quick. So just wondering at this point.

Thanks in advance!
Last GM communication over the weekend stated that Heated Steering wheel retrofits are now planned for 23Q1.

OP
OP
Eusibius2

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously? Why am I not surprised. It's only starting to get below zero here. Why would heated steering wheel be nice to have now.....

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously? Why am I not surprised. It's only starting to get below zero here. Why would heated steering wheel be nice to have now.....
Makes my hands sweaty after too long. I think heated seats are much nicer if you had to choose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17