2022 Z71 Tahoe Transmission Rough Shifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyrell

Reaction score
with only a couple hundred miles I wouldn't get too concerned yet. as stated these transmissions have to have time to learn. when you reset adapts to also have to do a quick learn so it has a starting point, but that is just a starting point, the more miles you put on it with lots of shifts the better it should get within its bounds. At least in theory... I have noticed with mine now have 5600 miles, everything but 1-2 shift it perfectly fine, but I also don't think the 1-2 is doing anything abnormal either, just what it is told, and to me it feels like a lot of torque management, and it changes it degree of feel between normal and sport mode as well as how much throttle input. If aftermarket tuning support was available, these 10 speed trannies can do some pretty amazing things.

If you are doing a fair amount of city driving with varying loads and conditions it should get better, if you are getting close to 1k miles with little to no change then take it in a complain. There have been many issues with torque converters in the past, as well as a few people commenting on low trans fluid levels from the factory.
Thank you for the reply. I guess I'll monitor for a while and see...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645