2022 Yukon USB Audio Scroll Limit While Driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First post here.

Juist took delivery of a 2022 Yukon SLT. Great vehicle.

I have about 6000 songs in albums that I put onto a 64GB Sandisk USB-A memory stick that I plugged into the USB-A port in the center console.
This is about 40 GB of data.
The Infotainment Center reads it just fine and I can scroll down to albums and songs and play them with no problem.

However, when I am driving, I can only scroll down perhaps 20 albums in the alphabetical list before it stops and tells me that the scroll
is limited while driving for safety reasons, I guess.
The scrolling can only be accomplished via the touch screen and not the right hand knob.

This is a real PITA on a trip if I want to switch to an album that starts with any album title that starts with a letter beyond "A" or so.
If I select an album title that starts with a letter farther down in the alphabet when I am stationary, then go back and try to select another album
title while I am driving, the album list always reverts to the start of the list.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks,
Doug

GrandTheftAudio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Roton, I have a 2022 as well and the music experience is not great. I've had similar experience getting limited while driving. I have tried using my iPhone (tried wired and wireless) and an old-fashioned iPod (via. USB). While driving things become limited as well and, even worse, there is no way to fast forward or rewind music sourced from an iPhone - I'm about to create a new post about this. Incredibly, FFD and RWD using the slide (scrub) bar and buttons works with the iPOD, but not the iPhone.

My advice is to contact/chat with GMC using the MyGMC app. They had me go to a dealership and after they verify everything is up to date, will get a ticket created for the Engineering team to be aware of feature issues. if you do reach out to them, please echo the Fast Forward and Rewind complaint.

OP
OP
R

Roton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, GTA! Was about to put my albums on my iPhone11 and try that. Apparently, no need for that now that I have your info. I have a Sumsung Tab 5e that already has my music on it. I will try that and see.

I will visit the dealer today and include the fast Forward and Rewind issue.

Thanks again!

Garth Knight

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, GTA! Was about to put my albums on my iPhone11 and try that. Apparently, no need for that now that I have your info. I have a Sumsung Tab 5e that already has my music on it. I will try that and see.

I will visit the dealer today and include the fast Forward and Rewind issue.

Thanks again!
What ended up happening with that?

prettySUV01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Having the same issue with scrolling limit on usb , getting tired of listening to same albums over and over. Has anything changed since original post?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so there is no "voice control" ?, also particularly if your phone is connected?
I can say ok google or hit 1 button and hear about anything ever created.

dancastro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My music is on a USB, & I have the same problem. Yesterday, with somebody in the passenger seat I was given a prompt to override the scroll to permit the passenger to control.....so I guess the vehicle sensed someone in the passenger seat???

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My music is on a USB, & I have the same problem. Yesterday, with somebody in the passenger seat I was given a prompt to override the scroll to permit the passenger to control.....so I guess the vehicle sensed someone in the passenger seat???
there is a seat sensor yes

Garth Knight

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the largest capacity usb stick you can use in a 2022 model? File limits? My 2014 Mylink system can use up to 128gb and handle 10,000 songs for instance. Plays mp3 and and a few other file formats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan