2022 Yukon Denali: Dealer Markup?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom-M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I searched for a Tahoe or Yukon for several months and had some dealers try to mark up above sticker price, I found a dealer that not only treated me fairly, they honored the GM "Friends and Family" discount code. When my order went in, most all of the cars being built were ordered for customers not stocking items so the dealer was happy to put the order in which brought in a vehicle they could not get otherwise. Last December I took delivery of my 2022 loaded Yukon Denali and love it. There are a lot of dealers out there. Find a good one and buy from them.

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m looking to purchase/order a brand new 2022 Yukon Denali, fully loaded, and the dealer I’m talking wants a $9k markup. I essentially told him no thanks.

Has anyone recently ordered or purchased something similar without a markup? I know the car market is tight, but that just seems ridiculous.
Picked up my 2022 Denali in February, no mark up, paid MSRP.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$5K ”Market Adjustment“ for my 22 Z71. That was a metro area but rural metro area North TX about 75 minutes North do Fort Worth. Then the common adjustment and popular option was Rear Seat Entertainment if you can believe that. First choice was a 6.2 WITHOUT RSE. During my search window there were a lot of in transit models. 5.3 W/O RSE, 5.3 With RSE, 6.2 W/O RSE and sliding center console or 6,2 WITH RSE….this was the beginning of the Sliding center console constraint. Dealer didnt try to hide it and showed me how to use my Costco $1000 and GM Mikitary $500 so that took some of the sting out of the adjustment. Between the $1500 and the higher trade in value the mark up was mostly mitigated. The only other in stock reference was same dealer with Suburban HC White. I really wanted the Midnight Blue/Joey Black combination and the Z71 model. Yes I accepted the adjustment and came with pretty much everything available equipment/option wise available for the 22 Z71 at the time. This was also before the heated seat and sliding center console constraints hit.

Would not have minded the illuminated logo but not the end of the world.

Takeaway……..The Market Adjustment” will probably be around a while for all manufacturers or at least some dealers. Could be variable based on….well,,,,,market and vehicle. The other moral is this and yes I will include myself in this theory……..

The only thing more criminal that the dealers charging $29K MA on a Bronco is the customers who pay It. It can be any vehicle but logic is the same. Next previous IN Stock model was in OK and they wanted over $8K mark up in a even smaller metro area. Granted it was a 6.2 with RSE but no Sliding console which I would get more use out of than RSE. I might have got suckered in, if the one that I wound up purchasing had not been in stock during the transition time.

Sassamasquach

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered a 22 Yukon Denali last summer and it just came in. My dealer didn’t mark it up, but they made me finance through them for 72 or 75 months and wouldn’t give me the 0% for 36 months offered through gmc financial. They said that they had to make something in the deal.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $3k over sticker, AND spent another $2400 to transport it from Mississippi to California... Believe it or not, that was cheaper than buying one in California.

Yarosuav

Reaction score
I happily paid $3k over sticker for my Denali Duramax. Got it 2 months after I placed my order, so I’m pretty happy…

mortymunson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve had a raptor on order since October and an Escalade ESV Sport with the diesel (both under invoice with x plan and gm supplier pricing). Both dealers still can’t tell me when I can expect the order to be picked up. I just got sick of waiting and it pissed me off. I have a generous allowance from work that more than covers what the cost will be.
This weekend I found a Yukon Denali XL with all the goodies in transit at a local dealer here in South Carolina. Last one that wasn’t spoken for. I gladly paid 5K market adjustment As I don’t see this getting better anytime soon. Should arrive in a couple of weeks. I always said I’d never pay MSRP much less a market adjustment. But here I am.

Last edited:

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$5K ”Market Adjustment“ for my 22 Z71. That was a metro area but rural metro area North TX about 75 minutes North do Fort Worth. Then the common adjustment and popular option was Rear Seat Entertainment if you can believe that. First choice was a 6.2 WITHOUT RSE. During my search window there were a lot of in transit models. 5.3 W/O RSE, 5.3 With RSE, 6.2 W/O RSE and sliding center console or 6,2 WITH RSE….this was the beginning of the Sliding center console constraint. Dealer didnt try to hide it and showed me how to use my Costco $1000 and GM Mikitary $500 so that took some of the sting out of the adjustment. Between the $1500 and the higher trade in value the mark up was mostly mitigated. The only other in stock reference was same dealer with Suburban HC White. I really wanted the Midnight Blue/Joey Black combination and the Z71 model. Yes I accepted the adjustment and came with pretty much everything available equipment/option wise available for the 22 Z71 at the time. This was also before the heated seat and sliding center console constraints hit.

Would not have minded the illuminated logo but not the end of the world.

Takeaway……..The Market Adjustment” will probably be around a while for all manufacturers or at least some dealers. Could be variable based on….well,,,,,market and vehicle. The other moral is this and yes I will include myself in this theory……..

The only thing more criminal that the dealers charging $29K MA on a Bronco is the customers who pay It. It can be any vehicle but logic is the same. Next previous IN Stock model was in OK and they wanted over $8K mark up in a even smaller metro area. Granted it was a 6.2 with RSE but no Sliding console which I would get more use out of than RSE. I might have got suckered in, if the one that I wound up purchasing had not been in stock during the transition time.
Wait until the Broco Raptor come out. I'm guessing $100K min with markup......

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I called my dealer about an in transit Yukon XL he told me that it was unsold and sitting at the rail yard in town. It was set up just the way I wanted except no sunroof, the salesman reserved it for me without any deposit. I bought it at MSRP and was able to use brother in laws employee discount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep