2022 Tahoe Z71 AMP RESEARCH Powersteps Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edinson844

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to this forum, I have a 22 suburban, just installed these steps, after a very frustrating install, I ran into the same issue with the motor hitting the AC lines, after I noticed that the rear linkage mounting location was further back than the original step mounting bolts found plugs in the correct location, for the passenger front side your going to want to find the "plugs" to the right of the 2nd set of mounting holes and install it there it sets the linkage further back and clears the lines with no problem only down side is that there's only 1 welded thread the top bolt I ended up through bolting with a larger washer and locknut looks like it's holding tight so far I'll update with some pictures later

OP
OP
nick14226

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to this forum, I have a 22 suburban, just installed these steps, after a very frustrating install, I ran into the same issue with the motor hitting the AC lines, after I noticed that the rear linkage mounting location was further back than the original step mounting bolts found plugs in the correct location, for the passenger front side your going to want to find the "plugs" to the right of the 2nd set of mounting holes and install it there it sets the linkage further back and clears the lines with no problem only down side is that there's only 1 welded thread the top bolt I ended up through bolting with a larger washer and locknut looks like it's holding tight so far I'll update with some pictures later
Glad you found a workaround. Suspect you have more options for frame holes you can utilize with a suburban. I was stuck with the holes I used for the Tahoe and reindexing the motor.

ddubdb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@nick14226 how many bolts do you have installed in each swinging arm assembly? I just installed these and there is only 2 bolt holes available to install. A total of 4 per side, One on top and one on bottom.. this just seems odd considering how many the oem boards had

OP
OP
nick14226

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@nick14226 how many bolts do you have installed in each swinging arm assembly? I just installed these and there is only 2 bolt holes available to install. A total of 4 per side, One on top and one on bottom.. this just seems odd considering how many the oem boards had
sounds right, (2) per arm. It ends up being solid when everything is together, you'll be good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz