2022 Tahoe RST - Radio Update & Sirius Favorites Are Now Unavailable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rydogg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just recently did an upgrade over the air.

The presets are still there and working for FM RADIO.

However, all of my pages of Sirius XM radio presents are greyed out and it says "Favorite Unavailable." I am not able to push on the preset. When I do, it says "Favorite Unavailable." See picture.

I am also not able to re-program them. I figured that if I held it down then maybe it would reset it, but that is not working either.

Sirius is still working if I want to toggle between saved channels via the steering wheel control

Anyone else have this issue with the most recent update? I think that it was qihm22B-00708 or something like that.

RYAN

?hash=4d4f9de95813d6ebf13dbcf9d343b537.jpg

2.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 1

cataylo6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same issue, but was able to reprogram the favorites on SiriusXM. I tried to assign a channel to a blank favorite which worked and then I was able to reset the rest. Google Maps has been a little screwy since the update as well.

OP
OP
R

Rydogg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to work. I called Chevy tonight. They connected me to Sirius. I went through the first and second layer of support until they told me that I needed to contact Chevy.

I am about to reset the system and start from scratch.

OP
OP
R

Rydogg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I spent another 1 hour on the phone with Chevy and Sirius XM today. They told me that I need to take the car back in to the dealership.

martinajm

Reaction score
I am experiencing this with the latest update as well. My audio is also cutting out for very short periods (less than a second - but annoying). Info screen is also displaying some error message about google voice not working about 75% of the times that I start the vehicle.

I am less than impressed with these "updates" and I haven't noticed anything getting better with any of them.

OP
OP
R

Rydogg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Agree. I will be very hesitant to do the updates moving forward. I was hoping that this would fix some of the issues that I had not cause more issues where I have to take it to the dealership. This is just a lot of wasted time and energy.

According to them this is also the first report of this happening.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rydogg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you. Car has been at the dealership for 5 hours today so I don't have a way to snap a pic of what went wrong before I took it in. Hopefully they will upgrade or update everything at the dealership today.

martinajm

Reaction score
Which version of the software are you now on?

Go to Settings --> System --> About --> Build Number to get the version number, then take a pic and post that here?
See this doc, pg 21, to see an example https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2023/MC-10234167-0001.pdf

Y167 is supposed to fix some of what you are pointing at.

I appear to have Y167, but I continue to have problems. I will likely ask them to re-flash everything next time it is at the dealer. I am about to go out of warranty and will probably stop all updates at that point - not worth the risk to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011