2022 Tahoe Illuminated Bowtie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrankP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm installing the lighted bowtie on the front grill. It's been a very easy install. 20 to 30 minutes tops UNTIL I got to the headlight electrical connector. Easiest access is from the wheel well. The problem is you just cant get a good grip on it to pull it out. I can easily unlock the connector by pulling the slide back but not enough clearance to grip and pull. I've been trying to wiggle and pull but just don't seem to be budging. I keep going back to it. Been at it over an hour. It's not a smart idea to pull on the wires so ain't gonna that. Any suggestions or experience?

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did this and that connector was a bit stubborn also. I found the red lock thing felt like it slid back enough but was in fact not all the way. I reached down from the top with a long flatblade and pushed the red piece back just a tad more then reached up from the bottom, pushed the little tab down and it came right apart

OP
OP
F

FrankP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just did this and that connector was a bit stubborn also. I found the red lock thing felt like it slid back enough but was in fact not all the way. I reached down from the top with a long flatblade and pushed the red piece back just a tad more then reached up from the bottom, pushed the little tab down and it came right apart
Yeah, Thanks. It was a struggle but the long flatblade did it for me also.

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been thinking about adding this to mine. Do you like the illuminated badge? Is it worth the $200? Pics with it on would be great, maybe front view from a distance?

Thx in advance!

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been thinking about adding this to mine. Do you like the illuminated badge? Is it worth the $200? Pics with it on would be great, maybe front view from a distance?

Thx in advance!
Where’d you find it that cheap? I paid $350 (year end gm sale, normally $495) for the lighted gmc emblem and installed it myself to save another $90 for install. Gmc puddle lamps cost me another $125. They both look at pretty awesome after dark

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I've noticed about my emblem is that it has a slight visual "stutter" on the MC portion when illuminated. If you get your eyeball right up to it, there is something shorted out or not quite right. Going to bring it up at next service visit...

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where’d you find it that cheap? I paid $350 (year end gm sale, normally $495) for the lighted gmc emblem and installed it myself to save another $90 for install. Gmc puddle lamps cost me another $125. They both look at pretty awesome after dark
Sry, it's almost $300 at ShopChevyParts. I already got the puddle lights just need to install them. Looking forward to the front emblem.

Any pics after dark?

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the GMC emblem on eBay from gmpartsdirect for around $360 shipped, shopchevyparts has been out of stock for months for the GMC logo And even backordered directly from GMC.

I got the GMC logo, illuminated cargo sill, wheel locks, and my rear cargo mat mounted for $165 wasn’t horrible.

Attachments

• CD600ABD-5256-4136-8F35-55304E27AD08.jpeg
    CD600ABD-5256-4136-8F35-55304E27AD08.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne