2022 suburban LS screen upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tahoe LS has an IOR radio which has no way to drive a 10"+ unit currently. Even a base SLE Yukon has the IOK radio thats why it gets the bigger panel.
Didn’t the 21 MY have the same radio (IOR?) with the larger 10” display?

That’s why I had hopes this could be figured out eventually. It’s also possible that MY22-24 changed over to a different screen / part no due to most models going over to Android Auto based infotainment.

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s pretty lame if you think about it GM put the 10” in the 2021 LS models and then decided to downgrade for MY22 onward (likely coz they needed to rid of a pallet of these 8” screens). I personally didn’t know about the smaller screen until after I already ordered my truck (assuming it was same size as 21 MY).

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, '21 Tahoe and Suburban had the 10.2" HD screen. It was replaced with the 8" screen for '22+ models. AFAIK, the PPV and Fleet models have always had the 8" screen and GM decided to switch the config for LS to get the 8" screen starting in '22. Here's a '21 LS Suburban with the HD screen -

Likely for 2 reasons - 1) Cost reduction. 2) Additional differentiation between Chevy and GMC.

As I think about it more, if you got both the screen AND the radio module AND had access to a programmer and GDS2 then MAYBE you could make this work. That's assuming that when you program it, you're able to manipulate the VIN # and make GDS2 think you have the 10.2" screen.

GTPprix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, '21 Tahoe and Suburban had the 10.2" HD screen. It was replaced with the 8" screen for '22+ models. AFAIK, the PPV and Fleet models have always had the 8" screen and GM decided to switch the config for LS to get the 8" screen starting in '22. Here's a '21 LS Suburban with the HD screen -

Likely for 2 reasons - 1) Cost reduction. 2) Additional differentiation between Chevy and GMC.

As I think about it more, if you got both the screen AND the radio module AND had access to a programmer and GDS2 then MAYBE you could make this work. That's assuming that when you program it, you're able to manipulate the VIN # and make GDS2 think you have the 10.2" screen.

That truck is an IOS radio, if you have an 8" screen you've got an IOR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645