2022 screen "bricked" today, then came back...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toomanyhobbies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today on a long (2.5 hour drive) I stopped at a rest stop and when I pulled out the screen said "loading" or something similar briefly and then went dark. Had the radio on AM and could not change station or volume. After 20 min I pulled over, turned the truck off, opened the door and then restarted. This time I had a bow tie on the screen and no function. After sitting for about an hour, it went back to normal function. One week in this makes me nervous.

nfarios

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wife had this happen on her 2022 a month old. I hope it comes back too.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
things like this are going to happen until they get the bugs worked out, it's gm's overlay on android os might always have a bug or two even years down the road, might freeze, might not respond, etc and as the cpu ages it will just get buggier. the good part is it should have redundancy so it won't let you crash driving down the road.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's possible it could have gotten a OTA update, turning ignition off could have stopped the installation and slowed things down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbrown415