2022 GMC Yukon Denali 6.2 AFM Delete Possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gurupnp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Trying to plan a lifter repair on a 2022 Yukon with L87 Engine. I see there is a couple options for AFM Delete kits. I'm looking at either Michigan Motorsports kit or the more complete AMSRacing kit that comes with camshaft. The hardware issue seems to be solved, but as far as tuning AFM out or disabling within the ecu, I can't find a solution. Doesn't appear to be supported by HPTuners yet. Has anyone done an AFM delete on a 21 or 22 6.2 L87 without messing with the computer with success?

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2022 has DFM. No tunes are available to eliminate as far as I know.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think driving in L9 is rumored to disable it but it would be annoying to do that all the time.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to plan a lifter repair on a 2022 Yukon with L87 Engine. I see there is a couple options for AFM Delete kits. I'm looking at either Michigan Motorsports kit or the more complete AMSRacing kit that comes with camshaft. The hardware issue seems to be solved, but as far as tuning AFM out or disabling within the ecu, I can't find a solution. Doesn't appear to be supported by HPTuners yet. Has anyone done an AFM delete on a 21 or 22 6.2 L87 without messing with the computer with success?
Right now, you're stuck with DFM on these rigs. There is no way to access the ECU to either tune out DFM or set it up for a different cam. HP Tuners announced support for this ECU recently, but the fine print shows that they're only supporting the Escalade V initially.

slyhog022056

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do some research, ask a reputable mechanic a friend of mine had the same problem, but there was a work around. There are sensors, that will not let the DFM engage if they are disconnected. Earlier models used the brake fluid level sensor as part of the system, low brake fluid = no DFM - DOD. You might want to contact someone that does reflash of control modules and they can tell you.

carterchapman

Reaction score
So I'm at 35,000 miles on my (built post March '21) June '21 manufactured Escalade. So far (fingers crossed) DFM is working perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeyMoSteel