2022 front caliper change?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PsyZek

Reaction score
Hey all,
I was about to order some 18x9s from Custom Offset and they said the 2022s had a different caliper design. The dealer was unhelpful. My 2022 Yukon SLT isn’t here yet but is due in soon, I was trying to get my wheel/tire package before I got the truck but now fitment is in question. Does anyone know the details? Thanks.

18x9 zero offset on 275/70/18s

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I was about to order some 18x9s from Custom Offset and they said the 2022s had a different caliper design. The dealer was unhelpful. My 2022 Yukon SLT isn’t here yet but is due in soon, I was trying to get my wheel/tire package before I got the truck but now fitment is in question. Does anyone know the details? Thanks.

18x9 zero offset on 275/70/18s
front calipers are larger, smaller wheels won't fit

OP
OP
PsyZek

PsyZek

Reaction score
Do you have any more information on this? Aren’t the trucks still getting 18s or does this platform get its own unique calipers?

wwolfe

Reaction score
Believe offset has to be 27 or 28mm. Tried my winter wheels off my wifes older 18 tahoe and rubbed on her new 22 calipers. Those are factory gm.wheels with 24mm offset. New body silverado 19 and up and new tahoe 21 and up will have this issue with older wheels unless spacer is used

OP
OP
PsyZek

PsyZek

Reaction score
Those are 18x8.5 +24, I'm looking at a 18x9 0. Ugh the math hurts my head, looking at willtheyfit doesnt shed much light on how that hits the caliper.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are 18x8.5 +24, I'm looking at a 18x9 0. Ugh the math hurts my head, looking at willtheyfit doesnt shed much light on how that hits the caliper.
the new calipers are a 4 piston so they are thicker, any wheel that you want to put on needs to compensate for the caliper thickness, I do not have the specs I would assume it could be found online somewhere though or ask a wheel shop.
essentially the back of the wheel has to have more room to clear the caliper, it may be hard to find what will fit because it can depend on the design of the wheel

wwolfe

Reaction score
Exactly correct above.. I tired the wheel and rubbed caliper and put mark on backside of wheel. You could grind down caliper slightly...but not recommended or what I would do. Getting the appropriate offset wheels is the direction I am going as I don't want to use spacers either

salisburyv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ground down the calipers to remove that ridge when i did the caliper upgrade. My wheels would've cleared, but i wanted a smooth surface so i can have them painted and apply the GMC logos i have . it's a process since i use the truck daily .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts