2021 Yukon SLT Black Out Process

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a great point. They believe it will however experience has shown me rock chips from daily driving take their toll. As time goes on I’ll reassess. Either repaint or buy the factory black parts.

You could also Xpel film over it in applicable places and that would protect it also...

It's sharp and worth the effort. It takes this vehicle from Meh to "Wow, I've never seen one like that before !"

Elarson6772

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Guys, first post on this forum. First Yukon I Own as well. Couldn't be happier with it!

Wanted to share some photos of disassembly of the grille to have pieces painted black. Took me about 4 hours to take off all the pieces. The tabs on the grille took the longest, almost 2 hours just sitting there removing tabs carefully!

Does anyone also have any insight how to remove the rear chrome appliqué circled in red? Was thinking the painted appliqué, circled in blue, has to be removed (not sure how? just nuts and clips interior fo lift gate?)

View attachment 264939 View attachment 264941 View attachment 264942 View attachment 264943 View attachment 264940

So....any links or info on how to remove the front grill and headlamps?

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, first post on this forum. First Yukon I Own as well. Couldn't be happier with it!

Wanted to share some photos of disassembly of the grille to have pieces painted black. Took me about 4 hours to take off all the pieces. The tabs on the grille took the longest, almost 2 hours just sitting there removing tabs carefully!

Does anyone also have any insight how to remove the rear chrome appliqué circled in red? Was thinking the painted appliqué, circled in blue, has to be removed (not sure how? just nuts and clips interior fo lift gate?)

View attachment 264939 View attachment 264941 View attachment 264942 View attachment 264943 View attachment 264940

I'd like to add the AT4 fascia onto my SLT, but looking at your pics I don't see tow hook mounting points.

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Nice! I did this with my last truck (2017 Sierra) to have the grille pieces painted. I used and old CC that I cut up to wedge between as I popped the clip from the grille to hold it open. Used a piece at each clip placement. Made it 10x easier.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a great point. They believe it will however experience has shown me rock chips from daily driving take their toll. As time goes on I’ll reassess. Either repaint or buy the factory black parts.
About a year later now so how are those painted pieces holding up? Did you do the rest of the trim? What about the door handles? I'm looking into options on our slt to change up the chrome trim. I'd like a lot of it painted body color but worried about how it will hold up long term.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep