2021 Yukon SLT Black Out Process

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwoFeet020

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Guys, first post on this forum. First Yukon I Own as well. Couldn't be happier with it!

Wanted to share some photos of disassembly of the grille to have pieces painted black. Took me about 4 hours to take off all the pieces. The tabs on the grille took the longest, almost 2 hours just sitting there removing tabs carefully!

Does anyone also have any insight how to remove the rear chrome appliqué circled in red? Was thinking the painted appliqué, circled in blue, has to be removed (not sure how? just nuts and clips interior fo lift gate?)

IMG_0784.jpg IMG_0260.JPG IMG_0257.JPG IMG_0259.JPG IMG_0265.JPG

OP
OP
TwoFeet020

TwoFeet020

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well i took a stab at it and figured it out. Liftgate has two moldings on the side to pry off, remove nuts from appliqué backside and two yellow type of push pins from inside the liftgate that can be squeezed to loosen the retention followed by pulling off. All done. Will post photos of completed black out soon.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you replacing with AT4 pieces?

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely does look better. Are they thinking it's going to last? Painting over chrome has never held up for me in the past so I've resorted to buying factory black parts or just leaving the chrome.

OP
OP
TwoFeet020

TwoFeet020

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Definitely does look better. Are they thinking it's going to last? Painting over chrome has never held up for me in the past so I've resorted to buying factory black parts or just leaving the chrome.

You have a great point. They believe it will however experience has shown me rock chips from daily driving take their toll. As time goes on I’ll reassess. Either repaint or buy the factory black parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons