2021 Tahoe Z71 - FINALLY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the color of both of those 2021 Tahoes however I have not been able to get onboard with the styling yet. I was always on board with the 2007-2014 styling (coming from an '03) and the 2015+ finally grew on me but the Esky rear tail lights look as if a hearse was the inspiration. I am sure as time passes-I will come along with the looks of the new body.

Nevertheless, that is still a fantastic rig, and if I didn't say I was envious of your ride-would be lying!

Welcome to the group from NH!

afishinado

Reaction score
Identical (in color) to the one I ordered yesterday... I got a long wait, 6-9 months I was told. Don't matter to me really, it's more a 'Sunday car' to me nowadays. Just buying it because I am impressed with the new technologies, and because I can.

Reaction score
I love the color of both of those 2021 Tahoes however I have not been able to get onboard with the styling yet. I was always on board with the 2007-2014 styling (coming from an '03) and the 2015+ finally grew on me but the Esky rear tail lights look as if a hearse was the inspiration. I am sure as time passes-I will come along with the looks of the new body.

Nevertheless, that is still a fantastic rig, and if I didn't say I was envious of your ride-would be lying!

Welcome to the group from NH!

I hear ya. I really loved my 2004 Z71 and when the 2007 Z71 first came out, I wasn't so sure I'd like it, but it didn't take long and I was hooked!! Now I was hooked again!!! It shouldn't take long for you... :)
E1C9CE25-5EA8-44C1-9CF6-A3C24C973193.jpeg 6EF1C393-819F-4A41-B8A7-95E6723F226B.jpeg

afishinado

Reaction score
My last Z71 saved my life.... I passed out from letting my sugar drop, took down two (small) telephone poles and 100' of 6' high chain link fence! I loved everything about that one except that roof rack. It created a lot of wind noise, and it did not have an edge on the sides. If you were to try to load some boards on the rack, they had to be tied down BEFORE you finished loading or they would slide off the side and down the side of the truck.. I did come up with a way to stop it by wrapping a loop of 1/2" rope around the side rails for while I was loading until I could tie the load down.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

Ok, so I called the dealer a 1/4 block away about this Z71 on it's lot and it is what they call a "Pre Sold" rig. It was ordered in. They did find another like it in northern Washington for the same price and are looking at doing a trade for it to see if can get here.

Dealer Information KENDALL CHEVROLET GMC 846 GOODPASTURE ISLAND RD EUGENE, OR 97401 Phone: 541-342-1121 Fax: 541-342-6916 1GNSKPKD4MR159978 Model Year: 2021 Event Code: 4800-Rail Ramp Unload Make: Chevrolet Order #: XTWQXB Model: Tahoe MSRP: $65,650.00 CK10706-4WD PEG: 2Z7-Z71 Preferred Equipment Group Order Type: TRE-Retail Stock Primary Color: GAZ-Summit White Stock #: N/A Trim: H0Y-1LT/1SP/2LT/2Z7-Leather, Jet Black, Interior Trim Inventory Status: Available Engine: L84-Engine: 5.3L, EcoTec3 V-8, DI, Dynamic Fuel Mgt, V V T Total Cash Allowance: N/A Transmission: MQC-Transmission, 10-Speed Automatic Total Cash Allowance: N/A Additional Vehicle Information GM Marketing Information Vehicle Options Chargeable Options MSRP ATN-Seat, 2nd row Bucket, power release $370.00 RFN-Z71 Signature Package $4,785.00 No Cost Options L84-Engine: 5.3L, EcoTec3 V-8, DI, Dynamic Fuel Mgt, V V T MQC-Transmission, 10-Speed Automatic NE1-CT/MA/MD/ME/NJ/NY/OR/PA/RI/VT/WA Emissions

They also said I could get a $1000 Costco member discount but I am not a member of Costco and never go in there anyway but I also went online and do qualify for the GM Military Discount and that would save me $3360.75 of of the price on the window sticker of $65,650.00. The rig is an exact match to the Signature series one that is here. I have another GM dealer about 15 miles away working on one and am now going to get ahold of a 3rd dealer about 30 miles away.

Reaction score
They also said I could get a $1000 Costco member discount but I am not a member of Costco and never go in there anyway but I also went online and do qualify for the GM Military Discount and that would save me $3360.75 of of the price on the window sticker of $65,650.00. The rig is an exact match to the Signature series one that is here. I have another GM dealer about 15 miles away working on one and am now going to get ahold of a 3rd dealer about 30 miles away.

Personally I think the $60 membership fee to Costco to get the $1000 dollar discount is worth it. Besides, when you are new member, they give you a bunch of deals that could absorb the membership cost in the end. We rarely go to ours, since we really don't need to buy in bulk, but they do have some good deals on big ticket items and sometimes there gas prices are 10 Cents (or more) cheaper than others in the area. Something to think about. You can always quit after a year is up too.

The good thing is GM allows both (Military Veteran and Costco) incentives to be used. If you do use them, make sure you already have GM Military Discount Authorization number (from the web site) and the Costco Promotion code you get from their web site that will look like this one I've attached. Also, with the Military Discount, the max DOC FEE they can charge is $75. My dealer was going to charge their standard $399 until they read the fine print on THEIR limitations.

Good luck!!

AD5FFE22-AB39-45B7-BD36-C9BFBA57FD35.jpeg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Personally I think the $60 membership fee to Costco to get the $1000 dollar discount is worth it. Besides, when you are new member, they give you a bunch of deals that could absorb the membership cost in the end. We rarely go to ours, since we really don't need to buy in bulk, but they do have some good deals on big ticket items and sometimes there gas prices are 10 Cents (or more) cheaper than others in the area. Something to think about. You can always quit after a year is up too.

The good thing is GM allows both (Military Veteran and Costco) incentives to be used. If you do use them, make sure you already have GM Military Discount Authorization number (from the web site) and the Costco Promotion code you get from their web site that will look like this one I've attached. Also, with the Military Discount, the max DOC FEE they can charge is $75. My dealer was going to charge their standard $399 until they read the fine print on THEIR limitations.

Good luck!!

View attachment 263942

I guess I should have listened to my gut on this one. I joined Costco. I paid the $60. I then tried to get the application promotion code number and guess what? I was told that I have to have joined before 09/30/2020 to qualify. I just wasted $60.

tool2269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I should have listened to my gut on this one. I joined Costco. I paid the $60. I then tried to get the application promotion code number and guess what? I was told that I have to have joined before 09/30/2020 to qualify. I just wasted $60.

Maybe they can refund you. Its been posted before in other threads about the date you had to be a Costco member in order to qualify.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...pected-on-an-order.121871/page-2#post-1500162

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts