2021 Tahoe Rear Media Connection Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ibchristian74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hooked up a Roku Ultra via HDMI for road trip this past week for Xmas. Connected right away, although HDMI 1 didn't detect a connection and had to switch to HDMI 2 (probably an issue already).

No problems on the trip down (five hours). But then left a few days later and could not get the rear media to detect the Roku in either HDMI port! Disconnected, re-connected, power reset the Roku and the Tahoe would simply not detect the device. Disappointed kids and frustrated parents.

Any known issue about this in circulation?

2021 Tahoe RST purchased November.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Jsenky

Reaction score
I ran dual rokus all the way down to disney from atlanta (6+ hrs) and didnt have any issues luckily. I will double check how mine are setup tomorrow.

I would be frustrated by that also.
I did have trouble getting the ipad to connect with the apple convertor but ended up figuring that out.

lasallen

Reaction score
My issues is with the apple tv, it is very hard to get the hdmi port to recognize something is plugged in

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was muddy in the previous gen as well. To be honest I do not believe that they even updated the audio system. However, the 15-20 had an optional factory kicker sub that could be installed above the rear driver side Quarter panel.

Alex Gales

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had the same connection issue with Roku device. I found that the Engine Auto Off would cut power to the outlet just enough to mess with the connection. I got in the habit of turning that off if I planned on using the Roku.

I've found connecting my iPhone via HDMI has been flawless.

KentuckyTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has there been a consensus of which streaming stick is best to use with the RSE? Just bought my Tahoe a few weeks ago and preparing for a few road trips. Bought fire stick Lite and planned to try that out.

Alex Gales

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has there been a consensus of which streaming stick is best to use with the RSE? Just bought my Tahoe a few weeks ago and preparing for a few road trips. Bought fire stick Lite and planned to try that out.

Noticed you have to be very careful with streaming devices depending on their configuration. A typical ROKU sticks out of the HDMI port like 4 inches or so and is easily bumped if you have passengers in the rear. You can use adapters to help with this.

I've used ROKU and it works 90% of the time just fine, keeping in mind to disable engine auto off.
Streaming from my iPhone has been perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9