2022 Tahoe Rear Seat Media removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a 2022 Z71 and have come across a couple of weird combinations that one is O.K but the other is something that I don’t want to pay for especially when I know it is not going to be used by me.

The reason I ask is most of the local selection is either RSE, 6.2. Both or Neither.

The ones that have NONE are even rarer to find with my Midnight Blue/Jet Black combination. Again Blue/Dark Gideon, or Satin Steel/Gideon/dark ash. The other popular combination is Satin Steel /Gideon Dark ash. Satin Steel /Jet Black is about every five feet but I am partial to the Midnight Blue.

The ones on search inventory are either pre sold , unknown ETA, or in some cases dealers charging way over MSRP as a “Market Adjustment”……one wanted a $5K mark up…..just because I was out of state even though a adjacent state..OK/TX.

$5K MSRP and having to wait for in stock, and or drive trade another five hours…..I don’t think so….Homey don’t play that !!!

With tha above scenario is it possible to remove the brackets and tablets?

Between the two options (6.2 or RAE). I would prefer 6.2.

Both vehicles in this scenario are pre sold but a reference example………$72.5K + $5K mark up……. Second vehicle was 75.3K No Mark up and had 6.2. Yes more base price but the extra $3K is a tangible easy to see difference and a profit for the extra cost as opposed to $5K for no benefit or product.

1. Off-road performance package. Generally not my first choice of the 6.2 but I can suck up the $2615 in order to keep the quad exhaust set up on my 2021 Premier 5.3 with quad exhaust. Yes I know more power is better.

2. This is the more complicated one……

Rear Seat Media package: I have no family and any rear seat passengers would be local only. The only seat occupied other than the drivers on a road trip would be 2nd row passenger side for my dog. Last time I checked he still couldn’t figure out how to operate the RSE monitors. He scratched the screen with his claws trying to swipe Left …….

Is there a way to remove the tablets and brackets? Basically remove tablets and brackets and place in a protective environment…available to be re installed for a one in a million chance of a rear seat passengers besides my dog. Also available to be kept in a safe place and reinstall for trade in.

Has anyone tried or heard of someone that tried this? Thanks in advance for input!

RedInCo

Reaction score
Thanks for asking this. I'm not as close to buying as you are. I also prefer not to have the screens. I think they are in the way and would never get used.

Do the seat backs have seat pockets? Does having the screens mean you lose the seat pockets? I failed to look for seat pockets in the models I looked at. I like to have a big atlas in the seat pocket of my 2010.

ltrain4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for asking this. I'm not as close to buying as you are. I also prefer not to have the screens. I think they are in the way and would never get used.

Do the seat backs have seat pockets? Does having the screens mean you lose the seat pockets? I failed to look for seat pockets in the models I looked at. I like to have a big atlas in the seat pocket of my 2010.
I can tell you that in my Yukon XL with the rear media it does still have seat pockets.

I am looking for a 2022 Z71 and have come across a couple of weird combinations that one is O.K but the other is something that I don’t want to pay for especially when I know it is not going to be used by me.

The reason I ask is most of the local selection is either RSE, 6.2. Both or Neither.

The ones that have NONE are even rarer to find with my Midnight Blue/Jet Black combination. Again Blue/Dark Gideon, or Satin Steel/Gideon/dark ash. The other popular combination is Satin Steel /Gideon Dark ash. Satin Steel /Jet Black is about every five feet but I am partial to the Midnight Blue.

The ones on search inventory are either pre sold , unknown ETA, or in some cases dealers charging way over MSRP as a “Market Adjustment”……one wanted a $5K mark up…..just because I was out of state even though a adjacent state..OK/TX.

$5K MSRP and having to wait for in stock, and or drive trade another five hours…..I don’t think so….Homey don’t play that !!!

With tha above scenario is it possible to remove the brackets and tablets?

Between the two options (6.2 or RAE). I would prefer 6.2.

Both vehicles in this scenario are pre sold but a reference example………$72.5K + $5K mark up……. Second vehicle was 75.3K No Mark up and had 6.2. Yes more base price but the extra $3K is a tangible easy to see difference and a profit for the extra cost as opposed to $5K for no benefit or product.

1. Off-road performance package. Generally not my first choice of the 6.2 but I can suck up the $2615 in order to keep the quad exhaust set up on my 2021 Premier 5.3 with quad exhaust. Yes I know more power is better.

2. This is the more complicated one……

Rear Seat Media package: I have no family and any rear seat passengers would be local only. The only seat occupied other than the drivers on a road trip would be 2nd row passenger side for my dog. Last time I checked he still couldn’t figure out how to operate the RSE monitors. He scratched the screen with his claws trying to swipe Left …….

Is there a way to remove the tablets and brackets? Basically remove tablets and brackets and place in a protective environment…available to be re installed for a one in a million chance of a rear seat passengers besides my dog. Also available to be kept in a safe place and reinstall for trade in.

Has anyone tried or heard of someone that tried this? Thanks in advance for input!

As for the bigger question I have no idea about removal. However I just picked up my Midnight Blue and it’s a gorgeous color. Worth the hassle!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts