2021 Suburban Z71 - Surround Vision Working Intermittently

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usulsuspct

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
While not a Tahoe/Yukon I was hoping someone else may have some ideas when it comes to an issue we are having with our new Suburban. We recently picked up a 2021 Suburban z71, a couple of days after taking possession we started to have an issue with the camera system. The camera basically stops working...we are unable to launch the camera "app" and if we shift into reverse we are met the attached image. The issue appeared to resolve itself after the vehicle was off for ~30 min or. Unfortunately that was short lived because a few trips later and the issue resurfaced. We reached out to the dealer and are currently waiting for them to secure an adequate loaner so they can take the vehicle in.

In most vehicles I wouldn't be bothered so much by the camera, however this Suburban is large and doesn't have the greatest visibility - almost seems like they designed it with a multi-camera system in mind.

What makes me more nervous is I can find other newer GM/Chevy's with similar tales online all with a long arduous road to resolution (or not in some cases.). Anyone here experience this?

IMG_4110.jpeg

Thanks!

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something is messed up. Our son's 2017 Chevy Cruze had the same issue. It ended up being a water leak into the battery tray under the rear seat somewhere. Some how it messed up his camera system. There was a recall and it was repaired free of charge. Keep us posted on what the dealer finds for you.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like a trip to the dealer is in your near future
;)

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the first that I have seen this one and it is one of the few things that is not occurring on my 21. FYI, my 16 had a ton of issues with the electronics and display. They first replaced the display, but it turned out to be the HMI Control Module (Human machine interface).

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know if ANY of our fellow 2021 owners/guinea pigs have not been to the dealer for problems? I have over 5k miles and will be going for my 3rd dealer visit.

RockyMountainHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same issue... ended up being an update issue... the camera firmware hadn't completed the update. It worked again after a few hours and never have had the issue again (this happened a week and a half ago)

OP
OP
U

usulsuspct

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same issue... ended up being an update issue... the camera firmware hadn't completed the update. It worked again after a few hours and never have had the issue again (this happened a week and a half ago)

This would be my preferred solution! Any idea what firmware your at? Is that even something you can see from the infotainment system?

OP
OP
U

usulsuspct

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I pulled the build number and update history. Doesn’t appear that my infotainment has a build newer then May. I checked for updates...nothing new.

25BD1299-300E-40C1-B126-8D75724E657C.jpeg

RockyMountainHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
welp... looks like the service dept at the dealership bs'd me.... i never second guessed it because the issue didn't come back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e