2021 Suburban Z71 - Surround Vision Working Intermittently

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gonatee

Reaction score
Mad bad. Just got extremely upset thinking about GM problems and their horrible customer service when it comes to resolving them.

Id wait n hope it goes away, also other issues might arise so if u do have to deal w there crap you can get multiple issues addressed at once.. Dealership is the last place u wanna b as they dont have answers or parts.

Youre very brave for exploring a NEW model vehicle. Sad its like this.

OP
OP
U

usulsuspct

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So we were finally able to get the Suburban into the dealer to have them diagnose the issue. While the issue hasn't occurred in the past week the dealer claimed that an error was logged indicating a failure of the left camera. They are ordering a replacement...if that doesnt resolve the issue the video programming module is next on the list. Seems a bit like grasping if you ask me.

Fortunately they were able to resolve the recent brake control module reflash recall notice while there, so not a total waste of time.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So we were finally able to get the Suburban into the dealer to have them diagnose the issue. While the issue hasn't occurred in the past week the dealer claimed that an error was logged indicating a failure of the left camera. They are ordering a replacement...if that doesnt resolve the issue the video programming module is next on the list. Seems a bit like grasping if you ask me.

Fortunately they were able to resolve the recent brake control module reflash recall notice while there, so not a total waste of time.
Thats positive news. At least the logging shows an issue. I just hope the camera comes in faster for you than my fuel pump control module. We have been without our tahoe since the 12th :(

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score

there will be a lot of grasping ;)
lol

OP
OP
U

usulsuspct

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So the left camera was replaced yesterday. The issue returned today...so I guess back in we go.

OP
OP
U

usulsuspct

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So the truck spent another week in the shop and they replaced the "video control module" or something to that effect. It has been a few weeks since we got the truck back and this is the longest we have gone by far w/out having an issue with the cameras.

I am cautiously optimistic that this did the trick.

OP
OP
U

usulsuspct

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So the truck spent another week in the shop and they replaced the "video control module" or something to that effect. It has been a few weeks since we got the truck back and this is the longest we have gone by far w/out having an issue with the cameras.

I am cautiously optimistic that this did the trick.
Middle of November now and we have not had a reoccurrence.