2021 Or 2019/Independent rear suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EducatorDan

Reaction score
2019 Yukon 4x4 ground clearance 8 in

2022 Yukon 4x4 ground clearance 8 in (quick online search)

Has anyone gotten down with a tape measure to check what the clearance is under the control arm?

I recall from my misspent youth (the 1980s) a magazine ad that showed stock 1/2 4x4s passing over a stump and everyone scraped except one brand (but I can't remember which) because that brand had one more inch of ground clearance. But they were measuring it at the rear pumpkin.

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the 2021+ models all have at a minimum the G80 locker, but some trim levels come with electronic lockers instead.

Sir you are incorrect. The 2021+ DOES NOT come with a G80 Mechanical Locker. It has a mLSD, a mechanical limited slip differential. I believe it is the G86 and designed for higher speed applications. The Z71 Off Road package, not just the badging, but the actual package comes with the air bag leveling and an eLSD. IF YOUR 2021+ has the air bags to adjust suspension heigh you have the eLSD. Otherwise you have a mLSD. The only exceptions are the GM models sold in the Middle East and the 2021 AT4. All of those models have an eLSD.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sir you are incorrect. The 2021+ DOES NOT come with a G80 Mechanical Locker. It has a mLSD, a mechanical limited slip differential. I believe it is the G86 and designed for higher speed applications. The Z71 Off Road package, not just the badging, but the actual package comes with the air bag leveling and an eLSD. IF YOUR 2021+ has the air bags to adjust suspension heigh you have the eLSD. Otherwise you have a mLSD. The only exceptions are the GM models sold in the Middle East and the 2021 AT4. All of those models have an eLSD.
My mistake. It’s the G86 that’s the base mechanical limited slip differential but my main point was that all trim levels have some level of limited slip capability (mechanical on most, electronic on some) and aren’t simply open diffs, which is what the man was asking. That’s all.

I did not know of the correlation between air suspension and eLSD, so that’s helpful. Thanks.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu