2021 new Z71 order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ptcalab

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone recently ordered a new 2021 Z71. The dealer sent me a Vin number last month and told me that my car was built. It has never shipped from Texas though.

ugotdubbz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered a Z71 with just 2nd row captain chairs and panoramic roof on July 15. Everything else was constrained. TPW was September 6. I was given the VIN the week of September 13 and it was put on the train the same week. I took delivery this past Saturday. It took 3 long weeks to come from Texas to central Virginia. My dealer kept me informed and showed me the tracking as it went across the country.

Attachments

• Tahoe.jpg
    Tahoe.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 9

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was actually looking for a Z71 and even though dealer didn’t charge for the custom ordering they couldn’t even guess on a build/delivery date. Rough estimate at the time was minimum six-ten weeks. since I couldn’t find any Yukons even close to my specs I found the Premier….straight off the transporter with four miles (4) at delivery. Figure about two of those for factory storage area, another two for off transporter, to service department for initial acceptance inspection (PDI) detail and fuel fill. The next lowest mileage I have gotten was my 2013 Taurus with six (6). Technically it was around 50 but dealer flatbed transported from other dealer of their group on the other side of the DC beltwa.

I had a Z71 specked out with pretty much every option box checked and came in about $2K less than the premier. Fully tricked out Yukon SLT was about same as the Z71 but no HUD, MRC or 22” wheels. Z71 had almost exact same content as Premier minus the HUD, 22”, quad exhaust. I could survive without those items assuming i could get a decent estimate for build/delivery date. Probably would have gone with Satin Steel or Shadow Grey but I am spoiled with the Premier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11