2021 Denali Diesel 3K miles engine and transmission issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAblacklightening

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got a 2021 Yukon XL Denali 3.0 with 3K miles. Went to crank and started receiving numerous messages on the dash. Forward collision system unavailable, service ESC, reduced acceleration drive with care, and service traction control. I then received a text to service engine and transmission within a day from on star. Any ideas on what this could be? I’m not happy right now.

Attachments

• 9D57F484-E855-4961-9A2F-0E4A5DE6CB85.jpeg
    9D57F484-E855-4961-9A2F-0E4A5DE6CB85.jpeg
    407.7 KB · Views: 46
Reaction score
Wow. That's a lot of errors. I'm trying to figure out how they could relate. Maybe a fried computer? Or issues in the fuse panel? Did it fire up and idle properly other than the messages?

OP
OP
G

GAblacklightening

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow. That's a lot of errors. I'm trying to figure out how they could relate. Maybe a fried computer? Or issues in the fuse panel? Did it fire up and idle properly other than the messages?
Yes it fires up ok but throws the codes immediately. It shuts down if we try to get it above 10-12 mph. It’s parked now waiting on a roll back.

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a 2021 Yukon XL Denali 3.0 with 3K miles. Went to crank and started receiving numerous messages on the dash. Forward collision system unavailable, service ESC, reduced acceleration drive with care, and service traction control. I then received a text to service engine and transmission within a day from on star. Any ideas on what this could be? I’m not happy right now.
Bummer. I'd be ticked off, too, but with multiple sensor dependent codes like those I'd bet it's not really a problem with the engine or tranny. More likely a module, wire, connector, sensor or such. Keep us posted and let us know what you find out.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, it’s a wiring issue or a loose ground. When multiple systems go wonky it can usually be attributed to a bad connection somewhere that feeds a bunch of other systems. Usually a simple fix….

eyebereej

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you’re experiencing this. What’s crazy is, that barrage of error messages you mentioned are what many of us have experienced when lifters have failed. I’m not mechanically inclined at all but I assumed that the diesel and gas engines don’t share much of the same technology like DFM/AFM, so I wonder if that’s just a generic engine error message response with our new Tahoe/Yukons. Keep us posted on what service ends up figuring out what the issue is. Hopefully they’ll get you back on the road real quick.

**By the way, your Denali looks slick AF. Love the mix of black and white chrome delete.

SeaWolf65

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It happened to me once on my '22 Tahoe RST with 900 miles only. Also lost my hotspot. Checked with a scanner and got 10 codes mostly related to ECM communication. Could not erase the codes by OBD scanner. Fixed by disconnecting negative battery terminal OVERNIGHT to have a comlete power discharge to ECM. (so far it's two days with normal operation and hopefully permanently fix)

RaptorJet31

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had this happen on a 2017 F250 the first year of the updated trick, was in the shop 7 times and in the end it was the main wiring harness and something had to be recalibrated. It was braking by itself with no vehicles in front of me , it was crazy, had every error message imaginable and in the end it was something pretty basic. Glad your Denali is running strong . Btw it looks very very good, probably the best one I’ve ever seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons