2019 YUKON - Halogen to Xenon or LED?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marksyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone converted their late model Yukon to HID Xenon?

i assume gmc does not make a conversion kit, and i imagine changing the wiring harness is very difficult and not worth it. has anyone here done this? watching videos online and was turned off of the idea of drilling into the caps to allow the new wiring to get thru for the ballasts etc.

would like to hear from someone that's not trying to get views on their youtube channel!

I bought a new loaded 2019 Yukon SLT about 6 months ago and i cant get over the yellowish colour the halogen bulds give. i want that blueish-white light! Denali was a bit much just to get the xenon bulbs but my SLT is an expensive truck and not equipped with xenon - crazy to me! Nice led running lights, LED brake and turn lights. WHY WOULD THEY NOT PUT XENON!

always been a jeep/ram guy. i'm coming from a jeep SRT (dont ever get one, they're powerful but all lemons) that had awesome looking headlights and running lights. I dont know anything about GM,Chevy products, this is my first.

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No input on HIDs but LEDs are pretty common and easy to do without drilling. WAY better than halogen. I personally run HIKARI from Amazon. I am sure there are better ones out there but $40 got me plenty of light thats a decent color temp to match my running lights

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I changed my 18 Silverado to more powerful bulbs and ballast, the bulb wring came with a rubber grommet that was exactly the size of a quarter so I put a quarter on the rubber cover and cut out a perfect circle with a razor knife, worked great, I wouldn't be concerned about the rubber cover it's easily replaced if needed.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I converted my SLT’s headlights. I swapped in factory Denali HID headlight assemblies. I made a harness to address the pulsed voltage that’s sent to the low beam on halogen equipped models. Instead of using the factory 4300K HID bulb, I went with the Osram CBI. They’re 5000-5500K and match the LEDs on the vehicle.

ce1996c8df76f83673ca05cdfa425e59.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most LED bulbs in projectors will end up creating dark spots in the light pattern because of how they emit light, you are better off with a drop in HID kit, the current model OEM projectors do a pretty good job with HIDs in them

Michael Remer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Most LED bulbs in projectors will end up creating dark spots in the light pattern because of how they emit light, you are better off with a drop in HID kit, the current model OEM projectors do a pretty good job with HIDs in them

Do you have a recommended drop in kit?

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No input on HIDs but LEDs are pretty common and easy to do without drilling. WAY better than halogen. I personally run HIKARI from Amazon. I am sure there are better ones out there but $40 got me plenty of light thats a decent color temp to match my running lights
I have the Hikari also, for about 18 months now. Light output is good, but I've recently noticed an unexpected issue. The light modules don't exactly screw in to the receptacle the way the OEM and most aftermarket bulbs do. Instead, there is a rubber collar around the widest part of the light housing designed to snug the unit within the mount area.

Over time I've noticed my lights become out of aim. I suspect that either the rubber collars are not creating enough friction to keep the lights from moving around within the mounts, or perhaps after 18 months in the car the collars on mine have lost some of their volume. Either way, Ive been finding myself driving around lately with my headlight suddenly pointing ten feet left of the car instead of straight ahead.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Seems like a strange cost cut, as the rubber collar might cost as much as the threaded insert. Anyone else have this issue?

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have the hikaris - the 2019 'clockable' versions - in both lows and fogs. Great output vs. stock, and being able to twist beam pattern makes a difference. I couldnt believe how bad stock halogens were...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

anvovan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I converted my SLT’s headlights. I swapped in factory Denali HID headlight assemblies. I made a harness to address the pulsed voltage that’s sent to the low beam on halogen equipped models. Instead of using the factory 4300K HID bulb, I went with the Osram CBI. They’re 5000-5500K and match the LEDs on the vehicle.

View attachment 331195

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
how you did that? how you did a harness?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission