2019 yukon 5.3 collapsed lifer. repair at home

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyv8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2019 yukon xl 5.3 2wd has constant misfire on cylinder 7
so i diag'd a collapsed cylinder 7 afm lifter. also have a broken spring on a different cylinder - but not misfiring
im going to be replacing this at home
can someone check my parts list please and let me know if i need anything else
-headgasket
-valve cover gasket
-exhaust maifold gasket (head and y-pipe)
-intake manifold gaskets (8)
-afm lifter (4)
-lifter cup (2)
-headbolt set
-high pressure fuel line set (2pc's)
-intake valve spring
-push rod (4)
-oil
-oiil filter
-coolant

tuffguy23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did the same job at home too on my 2015 yukon xl denali 6.2 engine. except i replaced all the lifters and the cam. the only thing i added to your list was the VLOM, as it is recommended by GM to replace it during any AFM failure. Plus i suggest a careful inspection of the cam lobe. i believe my bad cylinder was also #7. Also i had to buy some more tools to properly install the head bolts. ie torque angle gauge and 1/2" large hex bit. Its been running fine with 100K miles after the repair and no leaks or issues. Good Luck! Definately cheaper than going to a dealer.

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need new head bolts. The factory ones are torque to yield and can not be reused. You might as well replace all lifters on that side while you're in there too and if it were me, I'd do both sides. The lifter cup should be OK, no reason for the m to fail. Make sure you have a good understanding on how to torque the rockers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak