2019 Tahoe for towing. Difference between tow and max trailer package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobH

Reaction score
...Is there a Max Trailering Package with everything (break controller, 3.42 ration, etc.) and not rear air...

Upscale models have the Magneride suspension instead of the optional rear air suspension. The three character code on the glove box Service Parts Identification label is Z85 for the air suspension on my LT. The Magneride suspension, RPO Z95 on a couple of YuKon Denali's I considered, also uses an air shock, but one that can have its shock dampening characteristics electronically modified in almost real time.

The air shock "bag" is around the upper portion of the shock. There should be a thin tube connected to it for inflating it. This picture of an Arnott aftermarket shock gives you an idea of what one looks like before it starts living in the splashed up crud under a vehicle.

Arnott_Rear_Air_Shock.jpg

Last edited:

RobH

Reaction score
I have a 2017 Tahoe LT with Max Trailering. I purchased to specifically tow my Travel Trailer (5,850 dry weight)...

20180703_154123.jpg

Hi, Jason. Your trailer looks to be riding fairly high. Did you flip the axles on it?

Last edited:

FrankU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The W/D and the sway control are different things. Put the sway control on. You will be very happy you did. I ran two of them , tractors could blow by and no trailer sway whatsoever.

Jason101

Reaction score
The W/D and the sway control are different things. Put the sway control on. You will be very happy you did. I ran two of them , tractors could blow by and no trailer sway whatsoever.

Equalizer 4 has built in sway control. I do not get sway from a tractors passing on the highway. Equalizer is not a frication based setup. I am able to backup or make tight turns without disconnecting anything.

captain

Reaction score
I have a 2017 Tahoe LT with Max Trailering. I purchased to specifically tow my Travel Trailer (5,850 dry weight). Last I hit the scale, my trailer was around 6,200 loaded and have no problem towing. I use a good weight distribution hitch and keep it at 55-60 on the highway.

The Max Trailering Package is important because you get the 3.42 gears, break controller, sway control, heavy duty cooling, heavy duty suspension, etc

Furthermore, I went with the Tahoe LT vs Premier because the LT has Air Leveling Suspension vs the Magnaride. When I hook the trailer up, the Tahoe gets itself nice and level automatically.

View attachment 251103

View attachment 251102

View attachment 251100

What trailer is that? Looking to tow a grey wolf 26dbh with my 2018 yukon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts