2019 A6 trans question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
19k miles on a 19 5.3 with the 6 speed trans. The truck has full warranty so nothing I’m worried about. However, at times, it feels as if it kicks out of gear as I come to a stop. Otherwise, all shifting is smooth and normal, only during stops it feels like it jerks just before I stop. Any ideas?
edit: trans fluid level and quality look to be fine.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be wary of convertor failure...sounds like the lockup releasing late. That sound happen at throttle input of zero or brake application

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be wary of convertor failure...sounds like the lockup releasing late. That sound happen at throttle input of zero or brake application
Thanks. For now I’m very busy, but I’ll get it into the dealer in the next month or so. Would what you’re describing leave a code behind? I don’t want these idiots saying “can’t duplicate”

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it would...we have close to a hundred or more gm trucks at work with these drivetrains...14-18 seem to be the worst.

Nearly all have had a Trans by 85k due to these converters failing. All seem to have a slight drivetrain vibration as well, that I have not noticed in the weight of a crew cab or suv, the standard cabs vibrate to conse and pass seats when driving above 40

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you much. Mine is smooth at any speed, no issues at all, fluid level hot or cold is perfect, nice and pink. Nothing other than the jerk I feel as I come to a stop.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is or was the tow/haul mode selected ??? or is this a constant feel ??

the T/H has an aggressive downshift.

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is or was the tow/haul mode selected ??? or is this a constant feel ??

the T/H has an aggressive downshift.
The truck has the max tow and integrated brake controller, but no,100% tow mode was not on. I feel it often enough to be bothered by it. It’s not every single stop, but a bit more pronounced I’d say during more sudden stops

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum