2018 Tahoe Frame Coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

Does anyone know what the coating on the frame is? I put an exhaust on the truck today and where I jacked it up some came off. Want to do some touch up. Can it bought as well?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1sikryd

Reaction score
I used 3M 03584 Professional Grade Rubberized Undercoating when I did the free travel mod. It blends right in, in texture and color.

3m.JPG

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
image.jpg Daubert Nox-Rust x-121B is the recommended replacement. I use it all the time. Works great.

JC 707

Reaction score
View attachment 228566 Daubert Nox-Rust x-121B is the recommended replacement. I use it all the time. Works great.

Hi any tips to using this? Do I need to clean the area first before applying? I just got a new 2019 Tahoe and noticed some areas where no wax coating was applied from manufacturer and I want to be proactive and coat these areas. Some of very small pieces, was thinking of spraying into a small bowl and applying with a brush.

JC 707

Reaction score
KP, did you also buy the lloyds kryptonite black spray or are you only using the knox rust coat? Thank you.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi any tips to using this? Do I need to clean the area first before applying? I just got a new 2019 Tahoe and noticed some areas where no wax coating was applied from manufacturer and I want to be proactive and coat these areas. Some of very small pieces, was thinking of spraying into a small bowl and applying with a brush.

I just spray on areas the undercoat has been taken off—like by jacks, jack stands, lifts, rubbing, etc. works very well. No prep needed? It stays wet for some time so I am not sure if you sprayed it on a part in a bowl you wouldn’t take most of it back off reinstalling the part?

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happy with the nox-rust on my 2018. I had accidentally pressure washed a bunch of the factory coating off. Also noticed some areas missed by the factory. This stuff is awesome. Blends right in with factory coating. Easy to spray on, but it is a bit messy. Wear glasses when you do it, especially if you are laying upside down underneath the vehicle like I was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645