2018 Suburban Premier wind noise @ 60+ MPH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmazinglySmooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get a moderate amount of wind noise at 60+ MPH. Any ideas of the source? I have taped the entire door and cannot eliminate the wind noise.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could be anything. I presume you are under warranty. Let the dealer figure it out.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get a moderate amount of wind noise at 60+ MPH. Any ideas of the source? I have taped the entire door and cannot eliminate the wind noise.

Top of the drivers door doesn’t line up with the body.... just like the majority of the k2’s i have looked at.

Also if you have a/c seat if almost sounds like wind noise but obviously its the fan under the seat

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 2005 envoy I bought new and it had wind noise coming from driver side windshield pillar. Dealer could never figure it out. I just lived with it and got used to it for 8 years. I now have an 18 tahoe. No wind noise at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I like the tape idea. You can check door seal off the list. Try the sunroof next if you’ve got one. You can get a decibel meter for under $25 on Amazon and have the passenger pin point it, then hand it off to the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk