2018 Stereo Stopped Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a1emt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had a very unusual experience on a long trip the other day. Stereo and entertainment system on my 2018 LT Tahoe was working fine until I made a stop.

When I returned and started the truck, I no longer got the message that "wifi" was connected and none of the stereo functions would work. The touchscreen and GPS were working, but none of my radio presets were there and hitting the 'radio' and 'media' button did nothing. The outside temperature was blank on the display and the hands-free phone functions also would not work. I turned the truck off completely and restarted it a couple of times with no success. I also could not play any music through Bluetooth connectivity with my cell phone. This continued for the rest of my 3 hour ride home.

A few hours later, I started up the truck and it has been working fine ever since.

Anyone ever see this before? If there is a problem, I'd love to get it fixed while it is still under warranty. Is there any way to do a diagnostic check of the radio/entertainment module?

THX in advance!

Jim

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes they will get a glitch. I had read on a forum to turn off the truck and open and close the door which may or may not help to reset. You could take it in and have them run a diagnostic check and see if anything shows up. Good luck.

OP
OP
a1emt

a1emt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sometimes they will get a glitch. I had read on a forum to turn off the truck and open and close the door which may or may not help to reset. You could take it in and have them run a diagnostic check and see if anything shows up. Good luck.
Thanks Gary! That's kind of what I was thinking as well... firmware update or something.... I am planning to have the dealer take a look while it is under warranty.

Jim

L's Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think sometimes the software will get stuck in a loop. I've had this happen twice and just pulled the fuse for 5 seconds and all returned to normal.