2018 Steering Wheel Leather Wrinkle (Photo)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a sloppy mess that’s going to end up cracking/pulling over time. Here’s mine with 20k miles and yours. Settle for it if you want but personally I wouldn’t.

Mine With 20k miles:
4241b901f453457e8b3d37b7e7266010.jpg

Yours with 0 miles:
3b5c964557e1e291a1dee055c696833b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's how genuine leather behaves, my 1970s and 1980s Buicks had even more creases and they were fine twenty plus years later. Keep it clean and treat it well. If you want smooth, get plastic or some shrink wrapped crap.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's how genuine leather behaves, my 1970s and 1980s Buicks had even more creases and they were fine twenty plus years later. Keep it clean and treat it well. If you want smooth, get plastic or some shrink wrapped crap.

My Denali steering wheel has almost zero creasing (see picture). The one he is showing is a sloppy mess.

If he wants a steering wheel with the quality of an 80’s Buick that’s his call. But it’s certainly not how they are supposed to look from the factory.

Last edited:

Mwbutcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's hard to see but the whole thing had a bump about and inch square and that pulled the leather from under the steering wheel. It was like that at delivery and dealer was well aware they need a new steering wheel from the get go. Just a touch over 4 weeks for the steering wheel and it came from the production line since parts weren't available at the time. I bought in May.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my '15 steering wheel has none of those wrinkles

how did others look on the lot?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Denali steering wheel has almost zero creasing (see picture). The one he is showing is a sloppy mess.

If he wants a steering wheel with the quality of an 80’s Buick that’s his call. But it’s certainly not how they are supposed to look from the factory.

These are complaints born out of ignorance, nothing more.

Do any of y'all work with leather?

Let's see, my 1988 F-450 Super Duty had creases, as did my '79 through '87 Buicks. My '85 Sedan De Ville and '88 and '92 Coupe De Villes and a I once drove a Honda minivan that had creases everywhere but not sure if it was real leather. And every Oldsmobile too looked like those pictures.

Phony leather will lay much smoother.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are complaints born out of ignorance, nothing more.

Do any of y'all work with leather?

Let's see, my 1988 F-450 Super Duty had creases, as did my '79 through '87 Buicks. My '85 Sedan De Ville and '88 and '92 Coupe De Villes and a I once drove a Honda minivan that had creases everywhere but not sure if it was real leather. And every Oldsmobile too looked like those pictures.

Phony leather will lay much smoother.

We get it. All of your ‘nice’ car experience is with a single manufacturer. And it’s GM.

Wake us when your fanboy rants are over and you’re ready to address the pictures that show a genuine Denali leather steering wheel as its supposed to be (smooth and flat) and the wrinkled mess of a steering wheel the OP posted.

His steering wheel isn’t the way it’s supposed to be. Full stop.

Mwbutcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We get it. All of your ‘nice’ car experience is with a single manufacturer. And it’s GM.

Wake us when your fanboy rants are over and you’re ready to address the pictures that show a genuine Denali leather steering wheel as its supposed to be (smooth and flat) and the wrinkled mess of a steering wheel the OP posted.

His steering wheel isn’t the way it’s supposed to be. Full stop.
Well said. The steering wheel is as aesthetic as it is functional to the vehicle. The OP photo is an example how it shouldn't look and the Denali as how it should. I have numerous leather holsters and oddly enough, no wrinkles. Just because it may be difficult to produce, is no excuse for poor quality.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coldlegos