2018 Nav System Map Update Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just joined this forum, so if this has been discussed, I apologize.

I purchased a used 2016 Yukon Denali in November 2017 and decided to purchase the newly released "2018 Navigation System Map Update" from "gmnavdisc.com" part number 84360074. I followed the instructions to-the-letter and the install seemed to go just fine. The confirmation of the map update process went it should and it appears the new map is functioning fine. HOWEVER, here's the glitch: I went into the "Settings" page to see if the "new part number" for the map shows up properly and it shows the old part number of 23346621.

So, I thought I'd try and install it again and nothing happens (it must have a way of preventing a second install once it has been loaded).

I called Customer Service and they said the new part number should be displayed and I should bring it to the dealer.

Has anyone else purchased this new map and run across this problem??

THANKS!!

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CarPlay and/or android auto [added for folks not allowed to like Apple stuff]

Sent from my iPhone Denali using Tapatalk

Last edited:

VTHokieT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just joined this forum, so if this has been discussed, I apologize.

I purchased a used 2016 Yukon Denali in November 2017 and decided to purchase the newly released "2018 Navigation System Map Update" from "gmnavdisc.com" part number 84360074. I followed the instructions to-the-letter and the install seemed to go just fine. The confirmation of the map update process went it should and it appears the new map is functioning fine. HOWEVER, here's the glitch: I went into the "Settings" page to see if the "new part number" for the map shows up properly and it shows the old part number of 23346621.

So, I thought I'd try and install it again and nothing happens (it must have a way of preventing a second install once it has been loaded).

I called Customer Service and they said the new part number should be displayed and I should bring it to the dealer.

Has anyone else purchased this new map and run across this problem??

THANKS!!

I purchased the update as well. My update was running fine, but then my car shut off after it had been running for 45 minutes. Went to see if it worked or not with the test question, and I'm not getting the response it said I should have received. Same issue - jump drive no longer works after single use. So frustrating!! I called and they wanted to reset my navigation, but I haven't had a chance to focus on getting it fixed yet.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With only being able to use apple maps? No thanks. (Unless you jailbreak your phone)

I like my on-the-dash garmin. (Does that make me an old man?) Or sometimes I use waze.
I use my old garmin also sometimes it's tried and true and updates are free for life

gary645

Reaction score
The GM nav systems in my past trucks and current 2015+ Denali cannot hold a candle to aftermarket GPS like Garmin or TomTom. If you buy the GPS with lifetime updates you're set. Buy a ProClip mounting system for the GPS and you're good to go.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the factory Nav, well, maybe I should say I like not having add-ons more so!

My favorite Nav system is the one between my ears even though its not as sharp as it used to be!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne