2017 Yukon xl Denali suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Professordeez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2017 Yukon that I replaced suspension on with a strut masters conversion kit. I replaced the front shocks first because they were toast with plans to do the rear later. They also had a module with the kit which was on back order and came at a later date. We lost the module I know.

So fast forward to from last October, when I replaced the front shocks, to this past week and I finally get around to replacing the rear shocks and coils because we are leaving for Orlando which is about 700 miles from where I live. Got it done no problem except the air compressor runs and hisses because the hoses are not connected to anything.

I bought a module from xineering after reading some of these other threads before I replaced the rear shocks because I was having the service suspension code which was causing it to go into limp mode and only 84 mph. I put that on and it clears the code but still the hissing from the compressor.

So I unplugged the compressor and boy was that a mistake. Got a service leveling code that you can’t clear. So I plugged it back up. Then I found a “pull the battery and rtd fuse” work around and tried that. That stopped the compressor but back to the service suspension code even with the xineering module and back to limp mode.

So my question is what do I do to stop this compressor from running? I’ve searched everywhere and can’t find anything.

Thanks

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You've changed the suspension system that this truck was designed and built to run on, and that is the reason for the codes popping up (obvious, I know). My recommendation is to pull the fuse for the compressor, and the compressor will stop running. There will still be codes, but the compressor won't run.

Option:

You also had electrical wires running to each of the four shocks. You may be able to put resistors on each of the 4 pairs of electrical wires, to 'fool' the system into thinking that you still have the stock suspension installed. When I purchased my new-to-me 07 Yukon XL Denali, the previous owner had removed the stock shocks and replaced them with cheap crap. But, he did install those 4 resistors, and I had no codes or dash warning lights. Folks on this Forum will tell you what the specs are for the resistors.

I have subsequently replaced the crap shocks with OEM shocks that were original equipment, with a dramatic improvement is ride quality.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1 Easy fix for the pump would be to simply patch the air lines together/plugg it off, ziptie whatever. then it will still run like normal, shut off and not hiss and not cause any code
the pump it's self is dumb all it does is read psi

OP
OP
P

Professordeez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You've changed the suspension system that this truck was designed and built to run on, and that is the reason for the codes popping up (obvious, I know). My recommendation is to pull the fuse for the compressor, and the compressor will stop running. There will still be codes, but the compressor won't run.

Option:

You also had electrical wires running to each of the four shocks. You may be able to put resistors on each of the 4 pairs of electrical wires, to 'fool' the system into thinking that you still have the stock suspension installed. When I purchased my new-to-me 07 Yukon XL Denali, the previous owner had removed the stock shocks and replaced them with cheap crap. But, he did install those 4 resistors, and I had no codes or dash warning lights. Folks on this Forum will tell you what the specs are for the resistors.

I have subsequently replaced the crap shocks with OEM shocks that were original equipment, with a dramatic improvement is ride quality.
The module I bought from xineering is supposed to do what the resistors do and it is except for the compressor running. I can’t find anything online where other people are having this problem. Mag ride delete is very common on these and I’m going to stay with the shocks I have now as it is a good ride. I was just wondering if I did something wrong or if anyone else had run into this problem. Thanks for your input.

OP
OP
P

Professordeez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
there should be a factory t you should be able to disconnect the right side line and feed left line back into the t
This worked beautifully. Take the right line off the t and loop the shorter left line back onto the t piece to create a closed loop. I had not removed the compressor yet and had not seen how the lines were run. Thanks for all the help.

OP
OP
P

Professordeez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Problem solved!

To recap for anybody in the future. I used strut master conversion kit which comes with front struts to fit, rear coils and shocks, and a light out module for deleting the service suspension light. I lost the module from the original kit so I had to buy an xineering mag ride delete obd module. It is very simple plug and play and worked great. It can be found on their website by googling them.

My only problem was non of this turned off the air ride system which will no longer be attached to a shock and it was hissing loudly. A member on here had a great idea to close loop of the air compressor system. I took the long air line which runs over to the right factory airside shock off of the t piece on the top of the compressor (You have to remove the compressor from the frame). Then I connected the shorter line that went to the left air ride shock back to the t piece making it a closed loop. Like a member above explained this will cause the compressor to think it is filling the air ride and that it is always full.

Hopefully this will be helpful to someone else someday. Thanks for the help from this community. Great work guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franny