2017 Yukon will not lower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Y

Yoocon77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nope. I'm goin out this weekend to put the stock height adj. arms and factory springs back in until spring. Deciding if I'm selling all my lowering equipment or trying again in the spring.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got the 2/4 kit from Tony for my 2017 SLT. Rear autoride, non autoride in the front. Put the rear springs and shock extenders on, went to put the fronts on and realized half way through they were 2wd spindles. Long story short, I got ahold of belltech and they sent me the correct 4wd ones a few weeks later. After installed, I measured a 3/4 drop center hub to fender. Couldn't get ahold of Tony, so called belltech. I've looked at EVERYTHING, or so I believe. Loosened control arms, set it back on the ground with end links disconnected, it will NOT go lower than 3/4". Again, long story short, they're perplexed. So they offer me drop struts to combine with the 3/4 drop I'm getting from the spindles to reach 1 3/4. I say the whole reason I got the spindles was for a smooth ride, and they agree to send me another set in case they were defective. They're on backorder so I waited 6 weeks. New ones come in, do the same thing. I measured and used digital calipers to compare the 2 sets. Pretty much identical. They even measured correctly against the factory ones with the hub moved higher on the spindle to lower the vehicle. So back to the drawing board. They again, agree to still send me the adjustable drop struts. If anyone is wondering by this point, belltech definitely did what they could for me. So the drop struts show up. I install with the correct amount of rings for a 1" drop and install with the drop spindles. End up with 3/4" AGAIN. remove spindles, remove springs, remove ALL rings. Reinstall struts with no rings, factory spindles. Get 1.5" drop when it should have been 3" with no rings. I made a tough decision and removed the struts and put the front end back to stock because I have no idea what's going on up there and don't want to be riding around like that without answers. Can anyone think of anything I haven't yet?
How much were the spindles supposed to drop the vehicle? What is the distance that the hub bearing holes got raised on the spindle compared to the original units?

How in the hell can the vehicle not drop the same distance that the hub was raised on the spindle? I completely understand your frustration….it is indeed mind boggling.

harvey52

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just installed mine a week ago. I have a 2015 SLT 2wd. I got just 1.75 inches. I decided to do the 3 inch out back and the spindles in the front. I work at a dealership (honda) and when we pulled it off the lift it looked like not much and had happened. At that point it was level front to rear but I was expecting a rack from back to front we drove around the parking lot. We noticed the toe setting was really toed in (like being pigeon-toed). So we adjusted the alignment and then it went down 1.75 inches after driving. Hope this helps.

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like one past post mentioned with both spindles removes and put next to each other is the cv shaft hole offset from one another? If the answer is yes then you will get your drop. I don't understand if the holes are at different positions then how can you NOT get a drop. Now it is confirmed the 2" drop from the spindle really only gets you 1.5"ish.

Plus post picks of your findings

OP
OP
Y

Yoocon77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I guess I never saw this last response, but yes, the holes were about 2" higher than stock so it absolutely should have lowered. I never did figure out what the problem was, and almost always wish the kit worked when I walk by my car. The ONLY thing I can possibly think, is that if I got another set of drop spindles again (I sold the original ones from this post), and installed them, then loosened both lower control arms, then maybe it would drop. I never did that because I didn't want to screw up the alignment and not be able to go exactly back to stock if I had to put the stock control arms right back on if it didn't drop, because It's a daily driver. The only thing I can think is maybe the control arm bushings were binding, or basically were pre-loaded and not allowing it to drop, since the drop spindles or the belltech adjustable drop shocks with the removable rings gave me the same 3/4 inch drop.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I never saw this last response, but yes, the holes were about 2" higher than stock so it absolutely should have lowered. I never did figure out what the problem was, and almost always wish the kit worked when I walk by my car. The ONLY thing I can possibly think, is that if I got another set of drop spindles again (I sold the original ones from this post), and installed them, then loosened both lower control arms, then maybe it would drop. I never did that because I didn't want to screw up the alignment and not be able to go exactly back to stock if I had to put the stock control arms right back on if it didn't drop, because It's a daily driver. The only thing I can think is maybe the control arm bushings were binding, or basically were pre-loaded and not allowing it to drop, since the drop spindles or the belltech adjustable drop shocks with the removable rings gave me the same 3/4 inch drop.

With nothing changing with the control arms at all essentially (just the wheel mounting surface was raised on the knuckle), i wouldnt think that would be the cause at all…that still thinks everything is stock/factory.

It still blows my mind! Makes no sense!

OP
OP
Y

Yoocon77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I absolutely can't wrap my mind around any of it lol. It doesn't make any sense and now I'm stuck riding around stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf