2017 Yukon..Stopping Bull Bar induced front parking assist error?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXLMan

Reaction score
I've been researching this for some time with no successful fixes found. I have an Aries Bull bar mounted on a 2017 Yukon XL. It triggers the two central bumper sensors into alert mode and I get the graphic in the DIC as well as seats buzzing constantly. I've asked the dealership if they can program them out, and the only solution they gave was they'd have to program the entire system out ( making no sense to me since I can easily turn them off using the switch to the left of the speedo, so that's no help).

I'd like to either wire them out (bypassing?), block them, or simply disconnect them such that the left and right end sensors on the front bumper continue to work, but the centers are no longer triggering an alert. Has anyone had success in this or can point me in a direction which may work?? Thanks in advance!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been researching this for some time with no successful fixes found. I have an Aries Bull bar mounted on a 2017 Yukon XL. It triggers the two central bumper sensors into alert mode and I get the graphic in the DIC as well as seats buzzing constantly. I've asked the dealership if they can program them out, and the only solution they gave was they'd have to program the entire system out ( making no sense to me since I can easily turn them off using the switch to the left of the speedo, so that's no help).

I'd like to either wire them out (bypassing?), block them, or simply disconnect them such that the left and right end sensors on the front bumper continue to work, but the centers are no longer triggering an alert. Has anyone had success in this or can point me in a direction which may work?? Thanks in advance!
WAMS can probably delete it out of the bcm (whites automotive services), just google for them, they offer all kinds of programming

OP
OP
YukonXLMan

YukonXLMan

Reaction score
Great suggestion; I contacted them. Here was White's reply:
Sadly that’s not something that can be done is contact the vendor who made the bar

White Automotive & Media Services

Anyone have any other ideas????

OP
OP
YukonXLMan

YukonXLMan

Reaction score
bump... anyone? I'm really stuck on a solution to this.....

Tahoe_Rx

Reaction score
Did you ever find a solution? I am looking into adding a bull bar to my ‘19 Tahoe but was curious about “deleting” the center two sensors while still allowing the outer two to function… sounds like that may not be possible from reading this thread. I am hoping you have found a solution by now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019