2017 XL Denali vs 2016 ESV Premium vs 2016 ESV Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miamio96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, I need help.... Any reasons to choose the 2017 Denali over the other two? Any preference on the Platinum vs Premium? I currently have a 2007 Black/Black ESV with 155,000 miles and want to upgrade. The premium is black with Kona so a little different then current ride, the platinum is crystal white/black and denali is summit white/black. I was originally trying to avoid black exterior but the kona interior swayed me to look at it anyways. I hated the white diamond of old but the crystal white is acceptable. Probably prefer the summit white but not enough to make a decision based on it. Prices are about the same as is mileage and in service dates, all are certified. Test drives did not reveal any issues. I am completely on the fence which way to go....

Thanks for any and and all input.

guy from norcal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if you go with the esv, Then you have baller status because cadilliac.
Denali is nice also. But not baller nice.
Sorry i'm not much help. I have a white yukon and will never buy white again. :2cents:

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I need help.... Any reasons to choose the 2017 Denali over the other two? Any preference on the Platinum vs Premium? I currently have a 2007 Black/Black ESV with 155,000 miles and want to upgrade. The premium is black with Kona so a little different then current ride, the platinum is crystal white/black and denali is summit white/black. I was originally trying to avoid black exterior but the kona interior swayed me to look at it anyways. I hated the white diamond of old but the crystal white is acceptable. Probably prefer the summit white but not enough to make a decision based on it. Prices are about the same as is mileage and in service dates, all are certified. Test drives did not reveal any issues. I am completely on the fence which way to go....

Thanks for any and and all input.

Esky is too blingy for me but honestly you should go with whichever one gets you more fired up. They are mechanically identical. Does caddy offer a better warranty?

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Escalade the best but I wouldn’t want either with the 8 speed. I’d much rather have the 10 in the 2018s.

I wouldn’t ever get Summit white on a Denali. It’s such a fleet color. Looks like you’re driving around a rental or company car.

Does the Denali have 22s and power steps? Does the Premium have power steps? I’m assuming the Platinum has the most miles? That’d be a no for me probably.

OP
OP
M

Miamio96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I like the Escalade the best but I wouldn’t want either with the 8 speed. I’d much rather have the 10 in the 2018s.

I wouldn’t ever get Summit white on a Denali. It’s such a fleet color. Looks like you’re driving around a rental or company car.

Does the Denali have 22s and power steps? Does the Premium have power steps? I’m assuming the Platinum has the most miles? That’d be a no for me probably.

The GMC does not have power steps, the two ESVs do. With the whites I would be doing the storm trooper look. All are under 30k for miles and with 10K of each other.

So torn.... it is a people hauler to me so I dont get overly excited about any of them. 10 speeds are out of reach....

OP
OP
M

Miamio96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Esky is too blingy for me but honestly you should go with whichever one gets you more fired up. They are mechanically identical. Does caddy offer a better warranty?
The black is a bit blingy, I would probably blackout the grill or something. I am not sure sure about warranty, I guess I just thought all certified were 6 year 100k

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah for storm trooper look, I think the Summit white would look good then! I think the Denali would look the best being a storm trooper..

OP
OP
M

Miamio96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ah for storm trooper look, I think the Summit white would look good then! I think the Denali would look the best being a storm trooper..

There is a DUB rendering if you google lifted escalade that is what originally inspired me. i will try to paste it here.

4622d3e8a07471f6078e64ecb718c6b3.jpg

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purposefully bought the Denali over an Escalade for many reasons. Mostly because in my line of work an Escalade can sometimes send the wrong message. That being said the power retractable steps were absolutely a deciding factor for me; had to have them. I really like the interiors of the Platinum mostly for the black suede pillars and black suede headliner. Personally I’m still on the fence on how I feel about the Escalade tail lights going all the way up to the roof. Sometimes it looks ok, most of the time not so much. And I definitely won’t ever own a black daily driver ever again.

It’s all just personal preference man, at their core all 3 vehicles you’re looking at are similar. Narrow it down to some features/details you have to have or can’t live with/without and make a choice.

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Platinum all the way! Suede headliner, massaging seats, cooled cup holder, refrigerated center console, higher grade leather, and 4 TV’s. Those are the features that separate it from the premium, which both come with power side steps and lighted door handles.

The Denali will be equivalent to probably a luxury model escalade which is one step above base model.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons